PDA

View Full Version : OT- Digital Camera downloads

houseof3boys
09-26-2003, 02:17 PM
I am just beyond excited about this so I thought I would share..

We just bought a bigger CF (compact flash) card for the digital camera so we could hold more pictures of Ryan (what else would we take pictures of?!?). Currently, it takes a while to download all of them to the desktop computer via that darned cable that comes with our Canon digital camera. There is not a USB cable available for the camera and the laptop, which I use much more often since I can be mobile with it (wireless DSL), only has a USB port. I searched the message boards of people that have this problem with newer computers and lo and behold I found the CF reader. I ordered it on Tuesday from circuitcity.com since shipping was free and I got it yesterday. My new CF card held like 200+ hi res pictures and when I plugged in this new Dazzle CF reader, put the card in, the computer recognized immediately (gotta love XP) and the new Shutterfly software popped up and to download all of those pics took about 3 minutes. Yup, 3 minutes versus 3 hours. This is my new favorite toy!! It was $20 and I could just kick myself for all the time I spent downloading pictures since this thing is so snazzy. It also came with software that you can use to burn DVD's and make a slide show to play on your dvd player. How easy is that going to be to send to the grandparents? Geez, does technology rule or what? :P

luvbeinmama
09-27-2003, 12:37 AM
LOL!! I got one of those readers when I got my digital camera. (Salesperson recommended it.) They sure are great!!