PDA

View Full Version : Toys for 6-9 month old

spencersmommy
09-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone! I am starting my Christmas shopping, or at least, trying to, and my DS will be almost 7 months old at Christmas. What toys/gifts do you all recommend for that age range? I've also checked the Oppenheim site (great site!), but wanted to hear from you all, too. Thanks!
Amy
Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

Momof3Labs
09-28-2003, 04:16 PM
There are lots of toy recommendations on the Around the House board - try looking over there!

My votes would be some kind of activity table and some kind of push-toy.

hellokitty1
09-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I don't have much experience, but DD is almost 6 mos and I bought a FP toy that has her put certain shape blocks into the right slot and plays music when she does. KWIM? I figure I'll pull this toy out when she can sit up on her own. I'm just going with instinct and thought, rather than get her a toy she can just "touch", at least get her something that has an action and success.

MartiesMom2B
09-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Martie is almost 6 months and she really likes her fisher price stacking pails. We're getting her the Leapfrog Activity table for Christmas. I've heard great things about them. I'd check it out. I believe it can start at 7 months.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Andrea S
09-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Andrew had a V-tech sunny days laptop toy. He loved it and still plays it. We had some friends over yesterday and their 8 month old loved it too.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

LucyG
09-29-2003, 08:30 AM
I feel like a complete idiot asking this, but what exactly is the Leapfrog Activity Table, and what does it do? Thanks!

KimberleyDawn
09-29-2003, 11:41 AM
William loves his!!! We just got one because William (*I*) couldn't wait for x-mas!!!!
http://www.toyscamp.com/html/Leap-Frog-Learning-Toys.asp
Kim