PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying your DS/DD for christmas?

momtoemma
09-28-2003, 10:00 PM
I've been thinking about how Christmas is coming up in a few months and am starting to think about what to buy DD for the holiday. I wanted to get her a Kettler trike, but I happened to mention that to my dad and he went out the next day and bought her a trike (not the Kettler). So, now that my thunder has been stolen, I just don't know what else DD might enjoy. She will be 17 months old at Christmas.

We already have tons of FP Little People toys and of course, lots of books...Does anyone else have any other fun ideas for christmas? I'm thinking that I might buy the Kettler trike anyway because the one we ended up with, although it is very nice, doesn't have a seat belt or a very deep seat. I guess I am just short on ideas this year! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

peanut4us
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Sara will be 9 months around Christmas time. So I'm not sure exactly yet. I know that a Leap Pad Learning Table is a for sure. But other than that. I really don't know. I'm curious to see what others say.

BTW--I can't believe how excited I am to get to buy her Christmas presents!

SeekerMage
09-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Im still not sure what we are getting Angela and Lil'bit for Christmas, not much though because we have a lot of family and last year it was very overwhelming! But I do think I have a few ideas.

What about a wagon...either the big radio flyer one or the one that is small that they can push.

A tent or a play house.... a kitchen set with play food (simple food or dishes for now, get the more complex stuff when they are older)

blocks....Mega Blocks has a new set out that is either Winnie the Pooh, Disney Princess, or a farm set along with many others.

A cute table and chair set

Videos....or vides set such as Care Bears and a matching care bear stuffed animal...Clifford, Cailou, Dragon Tales...the list is endless

Games, they have lots of new preschool and younger games out if you are into playing with your child

Baby doll, high chair, stroller or shopping cart, doll bed etc

Dr kit....vet kit...tool kit

Dress up clothes

Play dough with all kinds of cookie cutters, play knifes and simple tools to work with etc

coloring books, pads of paper, crayons, markers, stickers and other art supplies

The list is endless! I could go crazy just walking into Target or Walmart...dont even get me started on Toys R us...I love Xmas shopping! Hope this helps some! Oh...and this list can work for any child over 15 months

Roleysmom
09-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Stephanie,

I think Kathryn's list is terrific -- I especially think that a wagon, play tent (we have a fold up play school bus that Roley loves), baby doll accessories and playdough will be a big hit. Those are the things that Roley loves now at 20 months. For her first birthday, she got a radio flyer push cart and little bike that she pushes with her own feet (no pedals) and she loves both. For relatives who asks us what Roley would like, we are suggesting a stroller for her baby and a kid-sized comfy chair. The Kettler trike will be our big gift to her for Chanukah.

I also learned the hard way about telling relatives what I wanted to give her for a present. I think a trike is a great present and since you have your heart set on it, could you suggest to your dad that you would like to get it and then give him a couple ideas of what he could give her instead? A wagon is a nice gift and close to the trike.

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

AngelaS
09-29-2003, 06:04 AM
Adrienne will turn 6 Christmas Day. She's getting a Breyer Clydesdale horse set and a Playmobil Casle add on set (it has a knight horse so she'll LOVE it!). I'm not sure what else to get her--we do 'three gifts' so I need to come up with something else. :)

Gabrielle will be 19 months at Christmas. I don't know what she's getting! LOL We still have all of A's big toys and most of the Little People sets, so what else does she need? I would really like to get her the Little People Nativity set, so that might be the big thing. :D (Doesn't seem so big does it?) She'll get something else too, not sure what---she doesn't NEED anything.....

Oh, and I really want to get them matching tie dye dresses. A LOVES tie dye, so I need to find someone and get those ordered, then I guess I'll have them done! :D

Andrea S
09-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Andrew will be 16 mos. I think we may get him a kettler trike so he will have it when the weather warms up.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jd11365
09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
My DH teases we are just going to wrap some of the stuff she already has up and give it to her since she won't know the difference... ;-) With the grandma this kid has she really does not lack anything. I got the FP catelog in the mail and love what they are showing. I just love FP, so probably several of their toys... They're going to have to be on the smaller size though...my house looks like a daycare...and I only have one little baby! You can't move with the swing, gymni, megasaucer, bouncy seat, doorway jumper...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

MelissaTC
09-29-2003, 08:29 AM
I am sure glad you asked this question because I was able to get DS a kettler trike for 50% (Air Happy) and brought it home. DS fell in love with it at the store and my ideas for putting it away until Christmas have gone to the wayside. He has already ridden it quite a few times and LOVES it. So I need some ideas too. Part of me doesn't want to get him anything too big because he has SO much! I am a yard sale/consignment sale junkie and have been able to get him some really cool toys at rock bottom prices.

I like the neurosmith and have seen it at Target and BJs. It is not the original one but Matthew seemed to be really interested in it.