PDA

View Full Version : OT: Question for gardeners

cmyk
09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Like Rachels, I'm thinking about gardening too. I'm looking for ideas to replace a bunch of sedums planted all around our gazebo. It's nice, but there's just so much of it planted there and throughout the yard that I'd like to do something different.

Anyone have ideas for what would look pretty around a gazebo? I tend to favor perennials and bulbs, but am open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks,
Shelley

mama2be
09-29-2003, 10:07 PM
I'd do azaleas...pretty color!!!!
You can always add bulbs randomly around it.
If you want a formal dark green evergreen I'd do Carissa Holley (it's my favorite plain but green low maintance landscape plant,

Tondi G
09-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Agapanthas (sp?) are always pretty and when they are not blooming they are a decent looking green plant!!! A house near us has a border of agapanthas and then star Jasmine.... it is really pretty and smells great when the jasmine are blooming!!!!

~Tondi

kransden
09-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Where do you live? Some plants are better suited to some areas as opposed to others.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

alkagift
09-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Shelley,
Assuming you have plenty of sun, how about some daylillies? I don't like the everblooming "Stella D'Oro" type myself, mostly because I don't like dark yellow, but if you do, they would be good, but honestly I like the really fun ones--they have early, mid, and late blooming cycles so that you can get some of each and have flowers all summer. I like the hot pink, burgundy, bluish, and white ones with the green throats. I don't know where you live, though, so maybe you could tell us what zone you're in and what conditions you have at your gazebo?

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

cmyk
09-30-2003, 09:09 PM
The soil is heavy clay, and it is in full sun. Zone 5 .

-Shelley