PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a stress shopper?

hjdong
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
O.k., I'm under an incredible amount of adoption stress right now (we find out at the end of this week if we are matched with a waiting child we've applied for and I haven't told many friends and family in order to avoid work finding out - I'm a teacher, it would leave meaning in the middle of the year - and to avoid disappointing anyone besides ourselves if we're not matched - surprise Karen!), and my solution is to shop. I've never noticed such a one to one correlation until I began the whole adoption process. Things are stressful, buy something for baby to be.

This may work for right now. I'm wondering what I'll do when I'm stressed and staying at home.

I can't afford to be stressed out much longer!

deenass
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
You are NOT alone! I find myself to be an "I'm depressed" shopper ... a little pick me up always helps! I think it's because it's something I can control, I want something so I can buy it, vs. whatever I'm stressed or depressed about ... usually they are things out of my control ...just wait until the baby comes ... there is ALWAYS something to buy ... on the other hand, you'll have a lot less time, so not as much time to shop!

Kimberly H
09-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Holly, I'm right there with you!

Found out Dec/Jan referrals were mailed out. We're March. I immediately headed over here to find out what's new, even though we're in Desperate Save Mode because referrals are coming so fast.

It's a sickness.