PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Graco PackNPlay w/removable changing table

lisams
09-29-2003, 06:07 PM
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03189.html

Basically, you don't want the detachable changing table on when your child is in the PackNPlay.

Lisa

daisymommy
09-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Thank you for posting this. I got the same warning from a friend already, and I wondered--does anyone really do this? I personally would never put my baby in a PNP and put the changing table down over top of them!

egoldber
09-30-2003, 11:28 AM
FYI, this recall only applies to the models that have the raised changing table. The older models where the changing table was flush to the edge of the PNP are not in this recall. The danger is the straps that hold the raised table in place. My older model doesn't have any straps. The table just rests on the edge of the PNP.

And I have to say that when DD was an infant and slept in the bassinette, I used to leave the changing table in place. She was on onse side and the table was on the other side and she wasn't mobile so I couldn't see any harm. I can't imagine doing it with an older baby though.

cinrein
09-30-2003, 11:59 AM
I thought the same thing. The warning says that a 13-month old girl died when she was strangled by the changing table, so I guess someone did it.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
We did exactly as Beth described and our PNP changing table worked the same as hers. Also, we only did this while he was a couple months old. As he grew enough to need to sleep longwise, we removed the changing table. He is a big baby, so at about 3 mths, we had to remove it and he was nowhere near being able to pull himself up or flip over and raise his head as he does now. And, he's getting so big we are going to need to move it down to the playpen level soon. I guess we felt comfortable doing that way since he was so immobile at first.