PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cover Girl Outlast Lipstick is Great!!!

daisymommy
09-30-2003, 11:16 AM
A few weeks ago I posted a question asking about the best long-lasting makeup. I have been to CVS several times and bought makeup, only to return it because it was the wrong color, or it smudged off within minutes. The people at CVS are probably wishing they didn't have that return policy, but oh well!

What I found that I absolutely LOVE though is the CoverGirl Outlast Lipstick (I think Annette orignially suggested it?). Here's the scoop: I put some on (which can be a bit tricky since it's liquid and not an easy stick), and then put on the nice glossy top coat. Hours later it still looked like I just put it on. All shiny and no bleeding around the edgdes of my lips. I kissed Josh--no lipstick on him. Blotted with a tissue--nothing came off. Then I washed my face with cleanser twice and my lips were still pink. Not shiny, but it was still there. So, I went to bed, and when I woke up the next morning, my lips looked like they had pink tint chapstick on them. WOW! It finally took CoverGirl make-up remover to get it all off. This product has my vote! I'm buying every color I can!

Rachels
09-30-2003, 01:46 PM
LOL! I was just coming here to post the same thing! I loved that makeup thread. I also got the Studio Fix powder foundation and Cheek Paint from Mac that someone recommended, and they're terrific. They stay on for hours and hours and hours and don't even really look like makeup. Yay for makeup that lasts! I wish I'd found this stuff when I was pregnant and looking green around the gills for months on end.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Good to know! The Max Factor Lipfinity is supposed to do this but it comes off. I am laughing that you keep returning to CVS! It is a great policy but I would feel so funny doing it.

The Sonia whatever lady that has the line at Target has a lipstick like that too that I read was supposed to be good. Did you ever find out about Target and if they take back make up?

NancyJ_redo
09-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Ooh...I'm so glad you posted this. I always wear the same color lipstick, but recently I saw some pictures of myself and thought I desparately needed a change in color. I'm about to go do the trial and error to find a good color, so I'm glad to hear about the Cover Girl lipstick. Thanks!