PDA

View Full Version : William's got pink eye...

KimberleyDawn
10-05-2003, 03:34 PM
and boy is it a treat to get the eye drops in!!!! Any tips?
Kim

ddmarsh
10-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Kim - If there are two of you around it's much easier - one gently hold his arms down while the other puts the drops in. In order to get them in well you have to both pry the eye open and drop in the drops at the same time - with one hand get the eye open; with the other squeeze the drops in. If you are alone and need to do them lay him between your legs with his head down towards your feet. You can either gently press up against his arms with your legs or sort of lay part of your legs on them. Then do the same as above. It's really hard b/c they dislike it so much but if you learn to do it quickly it's over in just a sec. Oh and it only takes about 24 hours or so to really see a difference.

Good luck!

zen_bliss
10-05-2003, 05:01 PM
don't laugh, i read this in "so that's what they're for" -- try breastmilk as 'eye drops'! i had a bout of pinkeye a few months ago and it cleared right up... don't know if that's why but it was gone in 2 days instead of a week or so!

Marisa6826
10-05-2003, 05:21 PM
We used this method for Sophie when I had to put drops in her eye:

Hold a toy (preferably a new one, or one he doesn't remember) over William's OPPOSITE (unaffected) eye, but just enough away from the top of his head so that he has to look up and away from the eye you need to administer the drops into. You can usually sneak a quick drop in that way. Also, it helps if you have the affected eye CLOSEST to your side of the changing table (or whatever you use) so you don't have to reach over him.

Another trick is to lay him back on his changing table, let him close his eyes, put the drop in the corner closest to his nose and then when he opens his eye, it will flow right in.

Try and keep a little pressure at the base of his eye near his nose so that the drops don't drain away so quickly.

Good luck and I hope William's better soon!

-m

todzwife
10-05-2003, 06:42 PM
And make sure to wash your hands really good! Pink eye is so contagious! You don't want it in your own eyes! Best of luck!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-05-2003, 08:15 PM
I am picturing you squirting yourself in the eye! :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

KimberleyDawn
10-05-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm not bfing so do you think it's okay for my friend to squirt some milk in Will's eye?
Kim

Just joking (lol)!!!!!!!!

zen_bliss
10-06-2003, 10:49 AM
maybe -- the anecdote in the book was about a MALE COLLEAGUE who asked if he could have some of her BM from the fridge. what a good sport she was. man, i wish i still had the book so i could post the passage....

KimberleyDawn
10-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Holy crap(lol)!! I was kidding about my friend (lol)!!! I would NEVER ask someone to give me THEIR bm for William's eye!
Kim