PDA

View Full Version : feather pillows

stillplayswithbarbies
10-06-2003, 07:36 PM
I am looking for an old-fashioned, but decent quality, down pillow. My son has been using an old one of mine that is probably as old as I am, and it has really come to the end of its life. He refuses to use any other pillow. So I am looking for a place to buy a decent replacement. I'd love to say that money is no object, but that's not quite true. I'm sure there must be good deals out there somewhere? And how do I know it is a quality down pillow that will last him most of his life?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama
10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
I don't really know how much feather pillows usually cost but I got some for us from Lands' End. I thought they were reasonably priced and I was able to choose ones that suited our needs since they had many to choose from. They are in the Lands' End Home catalog or online. I also bought covers to keep them cleaner and so far that's worked great! We've been using them for about 2 years and they still feel like the day we got them. HTH!

nohomama
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Karen,

Try www.overstock.com. I've gotten bedding and linens from them and been quite pleased with both the quality and the price.

Marisa6826
10-06-2003, 11:22 PM
We got great ones as wedding gifts. I seem to remember they were either from The Company Store or LL Bean. I think LL Bean has some sort of lifetime policy where they will restuff them if they go flat.

-m

Annette_C
10-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Karen,
I've purchased some from Job Lot at a reasonable price and good quality too. There's a store on the Oxford/Seymour line in addition to the ones in Naugatuck and Waterbury.
HTH,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02