PDA

View Full Version : "Uh oh!" - Ainsleigh's 18-month check-up and misc

mamahill
10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
First of all, she maintains her svelte 10th percentile weight at 21 pounds (pooped right after too!) and 25th percentile height at 31.5". She was quite "talkative" and pointing to all the flowers and kitties on the wall and doing the signs for them. She got her three last vaccines and was a real champ about the whole thing. The nurse stuck her with the first one and Ainsleigh kind of stiffenend and said loudly, "UH OH!" and then a few seconds later began to cry. The nurse quickly administered the other two and then whipped out a talking Simba, and Ainsleigh quieted right down, occasionally growling at him as I snapped her up. So now we don't go back until she's 2. TWO?!?! Holy cow, where did this kid come from?

Along the lines of vaccines and flu shot threads, I wanted to say that my ped doesn't vaccinate for Hep A, and now Ainsleigh is finished until she starts kindergarten. Also, we decided against the flu shot. I asked the doctor if we should get one and she said it was up to us, but since she isn't asthmatic or in day care, there really wasn't a big risk, especially if DH and I get the shot. So she didn't get that this year. I would have treated her to a new toy (anyone see those magnetic letters anywhere?), but I'm in the throes of some type of sinus infection/hell so we came home.

Anyway, I can't believe she's this old. On the other hand, I love that she's learning so much every day (yesterday we learned elbow!). I'm beginning to understand the desire for more children. Not that we're going to do anything about it for a while, just that I'm actually looking forward to more kids, rather than cringing at the thought.

Hope everyone is having a good day and that anyone else going in for shots and/or check-ups this week has a good time (read: positive experience)!

nathansmom
10-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how big she's getting.

chrissyhowie
10-07-2003, 04:25 PM
>TWO?!?! Holy cow, where did this kid come from?
>

:7 hehehe
I love reading your posts about little Ainsleigh and her muppet-cuteness growing up! Makes me look forward to seeing Chloe do all those funny little things. Thanks for the pick me up post!

Rachels
10-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow! She's so cute I can hardly stand it. Glad everything went well today. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Sandy
10-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Sarah,
I love all the pictures from when she was a baby to now. She has so much personality and it totally shows through in the pictures. She is too cute. It has been great seeing your pictures of little Miss A growing up right before our eyes. I can totally relate to all your posts as Alexander has hit so many of his milestones right around the time that Ainsleigh is hitting them too. And to answer your question from the e-mail we are definitely talking about #2 but no announcements yet. It is just so amazing to me that Alexander and Ainsleigh are 18 months old. Where did the time go? Here's to more wonderful moments and new milestones to be achieved.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

mama2be
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Oh my goodness when I hear about Miss A and her growing up I want a little girl pronto :)...

Gosh when I came tot he boards I think she was Tristan's age...
I think she is the perfect size and so wish i was there seeing her say "elbow" and "uh oh" and "talking to Simba" :)...

Hugs,
Give her a huge kiss from us!!!

egoldber
10-07-2003, 07:24 PM
How did she get to be 18 months?????????? Wow!!

Happy "Half Birthday" Miss A!

houseof3boys
10-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Loved hearing about big girl Ainsleigh! Ryan went yesterday for his 4 month checkup and I am amazed at how much he has changed, I can only imagine him at 18 months. That is so exciting that she is learning so much...here is a cool magnetic alphabet thing for her to learn even more...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000096QNK/002-6214142-4750421

Roleysmom
10-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Congrats on Ms. Ainsleigh doing so well. She really is adorable. She has a standing invitation to come to Chicago and play on the teeter-totters (okay, for maybe another week and then not until May!) with Roley. Roley was the nearly the same height and weight at her 18 month visit.

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

mamahill
10-07-2003, 10:44 PM
:) LOL - they'll balance each other nicely! And thanks, Debbi, for the Leapfrog Magnetic Letter set. I've never seen anything like that and love it. I'll have to stick it on her Christmas list (unless I can't wait that long)!

flagger
10-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Wow, cannot believe your baby girl is now 18 months old. My dad used to tell me to bet on the greyhounds that pooped when brought out of the kennels before the race, I wonder if Ainsleigh would have won the race after her pedi visit? ;) LOL

Hope mom feels better.

sweetbasil
10-07-2003, 11:21 PM
How adorable, Sarah. Her pics, her words, her little personality...just precious! I look forward to hearing her little cute-isms more and more in the months to come :)

Thanks for always having upbeat, encouraging posts. You and Miss A are such a bright spot on the boards!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-07-2003, 11:27 PM
What a cutie she is. She is absolutely adorable. It just breaks my heart when they get shots, the poor babes.

Logan had her 6 month check up yesterday. The doctor was impressed with how well she controls her body when she sits up and asked if we were both athletic. Ha! Is "couch potato" a sport? I don't know where she gets it from, but I'll take it. She cried through her two shots, of course, and so did I. She's been running a fever, but I don't think it was the shots because tonight I noticed a tooth popping through!!! I didn't expect that so soon, her brother was toothless to 13 months.

The ped has one of those bead maze tables in the waiting room, and we stood her up and she held on and played with it while standing up! She looked so big doing that, and yet so tiny. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

McQ
10-08-2003, 09:19 AM
Way to go Miss A! She's cute as a button.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Andrea S
10-08-2003, 09:20 AM
I am glad the appointment went smoothly. Her baby pictures are adorable!! She is such a pretty little girl. Thanks for the updates and all of your positive up lifting posts.

BTW, I got a bag of the big magnetic letter for the fridge from TJ Maxx. Andrew still puts everything in his mouth so we needed big ones.

One of my favorite retreat stories is how at the group dinner you put Anisleigh down to walk and she walked up and down between the tables for awhile very content. I thought I would put Andrew down so he could walk around while we were waiting and he walked straight into the kitchen. That is just typical of Andrew. (That is when I scooped him up to take him downstairs to walk and met Joanne with Gannon and all of a sudden everyone started clapping. Joanne and I thought they were clapping b/c we had left the room, but it was for the waitress--phew!)

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

friedmana1
10-08-2003, 10:13 AM
She's so adorable! I'm looking forward to the next installment of "A Day in Ainsleigh's Life." :)

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

peanut4us
10-08-2003, 11:32 AM
She's so beautiful Sarah. I can't believe what a big girl she is getting to be. I'm glad the visit went so well. Cheers!

mamahill
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Awww - you're all so nice. Thanks! It certainly is fun having a little girl, even though I swear I don't know where she came from :). Ah well, I have a constant friend, and that's nice. Oh, and last night she slept from 8:45p-8:45a. It was the first time in a looooong time DH and I have woke up on our own (and at 8:30!). DH was a little late to work, but it sure was nice to sleep in!

nigele
10-08-2003, 07:46 PM
What a big girl! I'm glad her appointment went well. She is going to grow up with the body of a supermodel!!!

Tom had his 15 month appointment and he is off the charts at 19 lbs. 7 oz. but the doctor agreed that he is just a skinny kid. His weight is 45th percentile at 30 5/8 inches. Tall and skinny. My little string bean!

Give Ainsleigh a hug from Tom for being so brave with her shots!!

cinrein
10-09-2003, 08:09 AM
What a cute and brave little girl! Glad to hear she is doing just fine, other than growing up way too fast. :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Annette_C
10-09-2003, 10:55 AM
WOW Sarah! Miss A is growing up too fast!!!
She is adorable, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting her IRL!! My DH still talks about her from the meeting in Asheville! :)
It sounds like she did very well at the checkup. I also think it's so cute how she's communicating! I see that happening with Sabrina and it's the sweetest thing ever!
Great job, Miss A...and momma!!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02