PDA

View Full Version : At what age did your child get his/her first tooth?

peasprout
10-08-2003, 12:35 AM
DD is 11 months old and still toothless. Ever since she was 3 months old, I've been blaming her fussy moods on the assumption that she might be teething,...but as each month goes by she proves me wrong! At what age did your baby grow his/her first tooth? The ped keeps reassuring me it's no big deal, but I'm getting anxious. She'll be eating her birthday cake with her gums if she doesn't grow some soon! :)

KMommie
10-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Trust your pediatrician---my friend has two kids, her 3 year old didn't get her first tooth until 18 months and her 10 month old is currently toothless. Of course, she worried like crazy the first time around. This time she expected it. Teeth seem to be VERY individual. If you can, find out when you got your first tooth. It tends to be hereditary. My BIL was born with a tooth, my brother cut his first at 12 weeks, and I was an early teether as well, so we were prepared for DD to be early also. Her bottom two showed up at 11 weeks. It isn't that great to be an early teether, she was too young for Motrin and the Tylenol didn't give her much comfort. Plus, she didn't have the coordination (just barely getting it now) to hold any type of teething toy.

Try not to worry. That toothless grin is priceless! Enjoy it while you can, those pearly whites will be there soon enough. :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

AngelaS
10-08-2003, 06:08 AM
A got her first at 8 months.

G's showed up ONE DAY before her first birthday.

egoldber
10-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Sarah got her first tooth at 14 months, then she got 4 in 2 weeks!

HTH,

Marisa6826
10-08-2003, 07:05 AM
Sophie was eight months. She's ten months old this Friday, and only just got her second one about two weeks ago.

I've read several different times that the later they come in, the stronger they are.

No worries!

-m

Rachels
10-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Abigail was eleven and a half months, and had been drooling and having painful episodes for seven months at that point. She just cut her third tooth at sixteen and a half months and is working on her fourth. Her gums are actually purple and bruised. She looks like someone punched her in the mouth. Hang in there! They've got to come in eventually.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
10-08-2003, 08:05 AM
Tristan got his first at 7 months and one week- out of no where!!!!

and then yesterday I searched his mouth for number 2 and it was not there...Steve came home and it was there!!!!

They sneak up on you in our case...
I have noticed that at night Tristan wakes more for his bottle, he goes back to sleep, but he wakes about ever 2 hours during this process...

cdlamis
10-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Julia did eat her birthday cake with her gums. She was 15 1/2 months old when she got her first one.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

lisams
10-08-2003, 10:45 AM
DD was 3 1/2 months! By 10 months she had 8 teeth! Now at 11 months, we're feeling the molars in the back. She is an early teether, and it made for some yucky nights very early on! Every child is different, so I wouldn't worry at all.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-08-2003, 10:55 AM
my son got his first tooth at 13 months, and he got the two top teeth first. He looked like Bugs Bunny for awhile. :)

My daughter just got her first tooth peeking through last night! She is 6 months and 10 days old. She had a fever Saturday night, and then again on Monday night and Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening, she grabbed my hand, stuck my finger in her mouth and bit down, as if it say "see here mommy this is why I have been feverish". I was so surprised to feel that sharp little edge in there!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mamahill
10-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Ainsleigh got her first two at 9 months, and then has had one come in right after the next ever so slowly. I kind of wish they'd all come in at once. Taking this long just seems like cruel and unusual punishment!

Jen841
10-08-2003, 01:41 PM
4 mo is when he cut his first one. The Ped thought it could happen at 2 due to her examination. We anxiously awaited it coming and also blamed all fussiness on teething!

Each child is different. My nephew got his first one maybe around 9/10 mo.

JMarie
10-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Aidan is still toothless at 8 months, but I was 14 months when I got my first tooth, so I'm not too worried. DH was 7 months, so maybe our children will fall somewhere in between...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

Melanie
10-08-2003, 05:04 PM
11 1/2 months.

ralu
10-08-2003, 08:23 PM
5 1/2 months.

Raluca

barbarhow
10-09-2003, 07:16 AM
We seem to be an early bloomer. Jack got his first teeth just before 5 months. A month later his top 2 came in. DH's brother got his first 2 at 6 weeks. Definately a huge range. If you are bfing-don't try and wish them in...Although not happening very often, the occasional bite can bring tears to my eyes.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03