PDA

View Full Version : Oh, NOW he wants to sleep....

deborah_r
10-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Why does my baby only want to take a long nap when I need to leave the house? He needs to wake up so I can go pick up DH. he never sleeps over an hour for a nap lately. But now he's snoozing away...

Andrea S
10-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Andrew did the same thing today. I made plans to go to the zoo and he sleeps 1 hr 45 minutes every other day he has barely slept an hour.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

peanut4us
10-09-2003, 10:03 PM
I kid you not,Deborah. We had waited around the house last Saturday morning for Sara to take a nap, and no go. So we literally were shoes on, purse in hand, and she fell asleep in daddy's arms! Aren't they precious???

jmofarrill
10-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Last night I was headed home from the grocery store and mall with dd in tow. I looked in the mirror and low-and-behold, she was asleep. So I ended up driving around pointlessly for 45 minutes so that she would rest! LOL

DDowning
10-10-2003, 07:32 AM
I hear you. When they are asleep, you want them asleep as much as possible. DS has been waking up awfully early these last couple of days and his nap schedule is all off. I went for a walk yesterday and he fell asleep when he's normally alert and all eyes and ears wanted to take everything in. When I came back to the house, I just propped the jogger through the slider and left him in the kitchen. He slepted that way for an hour and a half before he woke up! If only they could patten something that mimicked the car-ride at night!

calebsmama03
10-10-2003, 11:03 AM
DS is doing that right now! It's so frustrating, isn't it? I don't know whether to call and cancel (in which case he'll surely wake on his own in 5 monutes!) or just put him in his car seat and hope for the best!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03