PDA

View Full Version : STICHES!!!-4 boys in the house and I think I need stiches!!!!

mama2be
10-10-2003, 08:24 AM
I am totally fine, but at 5:30 this morning I heard a kitty cat scrathing under my bed and it sounded like Schooner preparing to pee (due to pre surgery...hasn't done it since by the way)...BUT in my sleep I bent over the bed to say "NO NO" and hit my head on a new file cabinet there!!!

How a file cabinet could gash the space between my eyes like this I will never know...
So I'm waiting for a call from a plastic surgeon...since my nose is "plastic x2" I wish I was in DC for this where I know them!!!!-I suspect i will have a scar between my eyes now...

I'm supposed to go to REM tonight so I sure hope this day gets better!!!

mamahill
10-10-2003, 11:50 AM
OH NO NEVE!! That's horrible. You'd think that with a house full of boys, you'd be the last one in line for stitches. Oh lady, I hope you're feeling better soon. That totally bites. Shame on Schooner! I hope you are still able to go and enjoy REM tonight! Thinking of you...

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Oh, no!! You poor thing! I hope they're getting you all fixed up. :-) Have fun tonight!

mama2be
10-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks gals...they actually steri striped it and I think the DR was laughing under his breath that I was so fearful of it :)...but it did look HUGE in the night!!!! and the blood gushing it was HUGE I swear!!!!....I had to remind him we taped it fromt he get go so that is what made it look better :)...I think he thinks I blew this way of proportion :)...

Anyway steristriped and all I'm heading to REM!!!!
My friend is heading down from DC to join us for the week-end and to watch the kids...

...I so need REM!!!!!

alkagift
10-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Good for you, Neve--on going to the concert, anyway. I wish I could go, they're here tomorrow.

I ran into the corner of an open doorframe (ALSO investigating what my cat was destroying at 2:00 AM) so hard that I fell back on my butt and covered my face with my hands. It bled so badly that when my husband pried my hands from my face to look at it, he pulled away and said, "UGH!" Tears of pain and blood do that to a person's otherwise acceptable face.

Anyhoo, I never had a scar--so likely you won't either!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03

mharling
10-10-2003, 02:07 PM
When I read your subject line, I was also assuming one of the 4 boys needed stitches! Your poor thing; glad you can go to the concert as planned! I'm jealous.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3524e54e42d - New 10/3

mama2be
10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
glad you're home safe!!!! it was great meeting you!!!!

egoldber
10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Your subject line scared me! Glad you're fine!

MamaKath
10-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh wow! I am glad you are home again and fine! And sending a heal with no scars vibe your way too. Enjoy REM.

KMommie
10-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear you're fine and you're on your way to REM! Head wounds always bleed so much!!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

mama2be
10-10-2003, 03:26 PM
I menat it as "all of this running aorund and playing and "I" am the one needing stiches...but now re reading it can see where it could be read as "I" meaning someone in this house hold needs em...

didn't mean to scare folks...
these kids are wild...adorable...but wild!!!

nigele
10-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Oooooh - I hope everything turns out okay!!!