PDA

View Full Version : dress or pants for picture?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Logan is 6 and a half months old and next week we are getting her picture taken at the "real" photo studio in town.

She can sit up on her own, and I am trying to decide what to dress her in. When we did her pics at one month ld, I had a cute little dress on her, but the way they had her posed makes it look like, well, like she has no legs. It's actually kind of creepy looking.

The photographer said we can bring several outfits and change for some shots. I want to do one in a casual outfit that she wears a lot, to remember it by, but I also want to do some in something fancy. I have several dresses she has not worn yet, and also some smocked rompers, and a Baby Lulu pink chenille pants and jacket with hat.

hmmm maybe I should dress her and do some test shots with the digital camera.

What did everyone else do for 6 month pictures, especially the girls? Are there are cute poses that you just really love? Any that didn't work out so well?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kaitlinsmommy
10-10-2003, 05:16 PM
I just want to tell you I think 6 months is the perfect age for this. We had fancy b&w photos taken of Kaitlin at 9 months and it was a disaster because she could crawl and did not want to sit still. Of course, they're cute but I'll do it earlier next time. I wanted to have naked photos of her and she peed & pooped on the floor. How embarassing!

Anyway, we did photos in a cute dress & hat, as well as some in a more casual outfit I loved. Maybe it's just the photos I got, but I LOVE the ones in the more casual outfit (shorts & Gymboree plaid shirt). My favorite are ones where she is sitting on a bench.

Have fun! I'm sure you'll love them all!

Sarah1
10-10-2003, 07:32 PM
I would do 2 outfits..one dress (that's what we did) and and one casual outfit...try not to go too crazy picking stuff out. I know I gave it a ridiculous amount of thought though, too! We just did the dress...I think any more than two outfits is a lot of work for you. By the third outfit, she'll be so tuckered out you might not get any good shots.

We had Audrey (this was when she was about 8 mos) sitting holding a fake flower. A little cheesy, but really cute!

Have fun!