PDA

View Full Version : Do babes start to stand on their toes?

Marisa6826
10-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Sophie LOVES to stand, but I've noticed that she's always on her toes, never flat on her feet. She's not cruising yet, but loves to hold onto me while I keep my hands at her waist.

What's the scoop?

-m

lisams
10-11-2003, 11:22 PM
My DD was like that, but now that she's on her feet a lot more she stands flat on her feet most of the time (unless she's trying to reach for something on the dining table ;-)) I often wonder if it's because of the megasaucer since the directions tell you they shouldn't be able to have their feet flat she was usually tiptoed in it. She wasn't in it alot, so maybe not, but I still wonder.

parkersmama
10-11-2003, 11:38 PM
It's very normal! By the time she's ready to start walking, she'll be more flat on her feet most of the time.

Melanie
10-12-2003, 04:21 AM
A fried of ours who works with delayed-disabled-young children (like preschool age) mentioned when Ds was being held standing that she noticed his feet were flat which meant he was physically ready to walk. I guess there's something about the length of your (achiles is it? sp?) allowing the foot to be flat and not be on their tip toes when standing.