PDA

View Full Version : help i dropped a chocolate protein shake on my light colored carpet!!

cchavez
10-13-2003, 11:36 AM
I have been scrubbing on all morning but you can still see the stain. I am using spot remover....what else can i do???

Sandy
10-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Try getting a bottle of Gonzo if you can find it. That stuff is a miracle worker. It took blue oil paint out of my brand new berber carpet.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

MartiesMom2B
10-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Club Soda is amazing. Try that, it got Martie's poop out of the carpets (long story).

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

momma_boo
10-13-2003, 03:19 PM
From my experience, Oxi-Clean works well on carpet stains. I've used it for spilled bruschetta (the stain was bright red) and for bright-yellow BF poop from DD.

kaitlinsmommy
10-13-2003, 06:12 PM
I also think Oxi-clean works well. It's gotten dd's poop & other things out.

MamaKath
10-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Try Spot Shot! Never have found one that works any better.
Club soda is good too!

When cleaning try not to rub, but blot with towels. Spray the cleaner, let it sit, and then blot. Scrubbing can actually make it worse.

HTH and good luck- we can some doozies and it is so frustrating!

SeekerMage
10-13-2003, 11:43 PM
we have light colored carpeting and the trick we were told by the carpet place...and which has worked every time is soak the area with dish soap and water( I use dawn)...scrub it gently with a sponge or dish towel even making bubbles then pat them dry and soak it with clean water and dry up any wet spots again...soak it a little more and again dry, when I say soak, literally soak the carpet like a little puddle you then pat dry...then place white towels on top of the big wet spot...and place something heavy on top...wait till overnight...and the towels will soap up the stain, literally your white or light colored towel will have the stain on it!

....so far it has worked for grape juice, chocolate ovaltine, cat puke which is near impossible to get up..and several other odd stains. Just plain old dish soap you should already have in your house....hope it works for you!

cchavez
10-14-2003, 07:44 AM
I tried spot shot and it didn't work...it usuallly works reallly well for us. My neighbor sells professional grade carpet cleaning products and came over w/ a product sample....that didn't work either! I have to call him today to see if I can try it one more time......it looks pretty bad! Thanks for all the advice.