PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Photog Question!

C99
10-13-2003, 06:52 PM
I need some quick help! We're getting professional B&W photographs taken tomorrow in a studio. The photog went over clothing colors w/ me when I made the appointment, but now I can't remember the details. Anyway, he'll be taking some on a black background and some with a light background. What colors would work well for us to wear in the photos?

egoldber
10-13-2003, 07:02 PM
I think that red is a good color to wear for B&W. It is dark enough that it doesn't blend into a light background, but not so dark as to blend into a black background. But in general, medium colors, work well.

I would also try to avoid bold stripes and patterns, unless that's part of a look you're going for.

HTH,

lizajane
10-13-2003, 07:53 PM
i think you will want to avoid black and white clothing. especially white. red sounds like a good idea.

Grace_underfire
01-26-2004, 09:31 PM
You might want to go with all black and have your baby as bare as possible.

Check this website
www.weedonphoto.com

ITs a local photographer that advertises in a kids guide. Her pictures are amazing. That is what she recommends. With that combo of clothing the baby just pops out.

lukkykatt
01-26-2004, 10:18 PM
When we had our B&W photos taken, the photographer suggested solid white clothes or navy/black clothes, or any combination of the 2 (white shirt with navy pants, etc.)

C99
01-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Wow. This topic is old! Nathaniel was naked or just in a diaper for most of the shots, but I did get him in a cute solid white vintage romper for a bit. My current avatar came from that photo shoot.

sarahfran
01-27-2004, 12:08 AM
The photos on that website are absolutely incredible. Really, really beautiful! Too bad Texas is so far away!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Grace_underfire
01-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh how weird.... my settings must be messed up because all I see when I log in are old messages? Sorry about posting to your old message! Your baby looks adorable!