PDA

View Full Version : OT-SLR Digital Camera - any Nikon D100 users?

mattysmom
10-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Photography is one of my favorite pastimes and right now I have a 35 mm nikon SLR and an nikon coolpix. I was curious if anyone had used any of the new digital SLRs - I'm especially curious about the Nikon d100. I know it's VERY expensive, but I can rationalize that if I take "x" number of pictures/year for the cost of film and developing, it would only take me "x" long to recoup the cost of the camera. DS is only 8 months old - and the faster he begins to move, the harder it is to capture those perfect shots! Thanks!

egoldber
10-13-2003, 08:17 PM
We have a D1, which isn't exacxtly new, since we bought it used 2 years ago, LOL! I wouldn't consider the D100 THAT expensive (in the grand scheme of things), especially if you already have a collection of Nikon glass that will be otherwise wasted.

I consider our digital SLR to be a good purchase. We have done numerous "photo shoots", where we have rented lights, etc. and used the D1. And it enables me to use my beloved 105 macro lens. The only thing about ours is that, since it was Nikon's first digital SLR, it has some quirks that the newer cameras have worked out. And we had to buy a newer flash, since we couldn't use the TTL capabilities of our (older) flash with the D1. So that is something to look into if your flash is older than a year or two.

HTH,