PDA

View Full Version : Sappy me

jojo2324
10-15-2003, 04:23 PM
So, I cry all the time. Like when people win game shows. It's so pathetic, Pat Sajak's clapping some person on the back and I'm welling up.

Today was no exception. I just happened to flip through VH1, and they had this special, "Celebrity Crybabies." BIG mistake. Not enough tissues in the house!! And it wasn't even huge emotional clips, just people winning awards and the Olympics, stuff like that. I kept asking myself, "HOW are these people able to comment on this stuff without breaking down??"

So the real kicker is this new AT&T Wireless commercial. I know we're always griping about commercials, but last night it came on during the baseball game (Go Boston!!), and DH thought I was choking or something. There's a public transit bus, and this woman is sitting on it, looking to the front, where it seems a young boy is playing the piano. And she's completely engrossed, and looking so proud...And then it switches around because the boy is actually at a recital at school or something...And it pans out to show his father sitting in the audience holding up a phone so that the mom can hear because she's stuck on the bus. UGH!!! I was an absolute mess. But it was such a sweet commercial. :)

mamahill
10-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Yoy - anything with children looking proud of themselves or learning something new gets me. Of course, it was much worse when I was pg. Diamond commercials get me every time. Pass the tissues...

MartiesMom2B
10-15-2003, 06:13 PM
When I was preggers the AFI had the 100 villian and heros list. They showed the Bambi clip and I started bawling. DH looked at me like I was from another planet and was making fun of me for crying at the clip.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber
10-15-2003, 07:14 PM
LOL! Honey, I cried at AT&T commercials BEFORE I was pregnant!! :)

trumansmom
10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm so relieved! I thought I was the only crybaby! I cried through that VH1 thing and the commercial as well!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

jojo2324
10-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Oh good!! They keep showing the blasted thing, and now DH just starts to mock me when it comes on. I cry EVERY time. It's funny how they're airing it a LOT during the baseball playoffs. Maybe they figure the guys are in control of the clicker and they need to reach out to the female audience, forced to watch. :)

alkagift
10-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Oh, don't get me started. Hallmark commercials--holy cow, I'm a mess. Remember the one where they give a card to the grandmother who's 100 years old? Boooohooo!

I was pregnant when they ran the super ultrasound commercial from GE or something every hour...now THAT was some crying!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03

McQ
10-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Joanne ~ Your messages always make me chuckle. Thanks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Rachels
10-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Oh, I was like this. This post makes me smile. I actually got sent home from work one day because I just couldn't stop crying. It was like I sprung a slow leak. (This episode was spurred by a lot of throwing up in between patients, followed by a friend saying the unbelievable sentence, "Are you okay?") Apparently my mental health office thought it wasn't great advertising for a therapist to be found weeping inconsolably in the reception area. And sappy TV commercials? Forget it. Niagara Falls around here.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02