PDA

View Full Version : New milestone - tangles!

mamahill
10-20-2003, 12:48 AM
Ok, so is it masochistic that when I was brushing Ainsleigh's hair this morning, the brush caught just a bit and I thought (and then said aloud), "Hmm, we're going to have to work on this tangle," and THEN I got this total rush as I realized that this was the FIRST time she had tangles. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't the tangles themselves that excited me, but that I have a little girl, whose hair I brush, and I can't tell you how many memories I have of my mom brushing my hair, and the whole role graduation for me really hit and... for the moment, tangles make me giddy. I know some of you were working on tangles with your babies in the delivery rooms (Annette, Beth), but for us, it was a first.

And in the interest of entertainment, here are a couple pictures of Miss A sporting her latest fashions. Thank goodness for an indulging grandma!

Strike a pose...
http://www.joelhillpictures.com/sarahspics/wildains.jpg
Giving herself 2 thumbs up...
http://www.joelhillpictures.com/sarahspics/thumbsup.jpg

newbelly2002
10-20-2003, 03:07 AM
Oooh, too cute!! Now that is one stylin' little Miss. What a ham you have on your hands.

Dante's hair is getting long enough in back (bad mama bad mama) that I came close to a tangle this morning. It made me smile. Lucky for me he's got a hairbrush fetish as he's got his Mama's thick hair, and his Papa's curls. He brushes my hair (no small feat!) while I brush his. He also gets very pleased with himself about the whole process, wonder how long *that* will last?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

Rachels
10-20-2003, 06:54 AM
She is CUTE!!!!! How do you get anything done? I spent all my time around Ainsleigh giggling at her, and she seems to be getting more and more precocious. Adorable.

I know what you mean about those striking toddler moments when things like a tangle can get you. I keep having them, too. I had absolutely no idea how much fun having a toddler would be. I just LOVE it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jojo2324
10-20-2003, 07:41 AM
She is the cat's meow, LOL!! Adorable!! :)

Gannon doesn't have much hair (it's getting there!), but he does run around with his little blue brush and take care of his (nearly!) platinum locks. (How I have a child with bleach blonde hair is way beyond me.) Our friend calls him Vanity Smurf. And I have to be careful, because anything with bristles is fair game: the nailbrush, vacuum attachement, toothbrush (with toothpaste).

Congrats on your hair role graduation. :D

newbelly2002
10-20-2003, 08:11 AM
LOL! I didn't want to mention the "all is fair game" for fear of getting lambested by hygeine-fanatics. But Dante too thinks that the dog brush, cat brush, toothbrush, brooms and handheld sweepers are all to be used on his (and, unfortunately, others'!) hair.

I also hear you on the blondie thing. Dante isn't platinum but he is most decidely blond where Steve and I have pretty dark locks. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

Sarah1
10-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Sarah--she is just PRECIOUS. Just precious. I absolutely love the ensemble!

What did you do about the tangles, BTW? I foresee such a situation arising in our house sometime in the future...

Rachels
10-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Just looking at these again! You've got to send them to an agent or something. Put this little cutie in a print ad and get her college paid for!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Andrea S
10-20-2003, 09:18 AM
She is adorable!! I am just laughing thinking Andrew is going to 5 before he has enough hair to brush. I am really enjoying these toddler times too they are becoming such little people.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

peanut4us
10-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Sarah that is so funny! But I actually bought last week some of the Johnson's detangler stuff. I remember that my mom went through gallons of it on my hair!

Miss A. is looking quite stylish in those pix. And, yes, thank heavens for indulgent grandparents!

gravymommy3
10-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Hayden will be two on the 6th and we are still waiting on enough hair to tangle!! I know it will get here (Grayson's is almost down to her bottom when wet - dry it curls right up!!) but the wait is killing me. Heck, even Avery has only had three haircuts and he was four at the start of the month!!

Those pics are adorable. She certainly likes to pose!

Karenn
10-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Those pictures are the best! Rachel is right- send them off to pay for her college! :)

amp
10-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Sarah - She is a knockout! What a fashionista! And I know she's spoken for by other boys on this board, but Jake is eyeing her and thinking that an older woman is the way to go. Watch out boys, you've got some competition!

mharling
10-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Priceless!!! And her expressions totally match her poses. That's even funnier!! Geez she's a cutie; I can't get over it. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3524e54e42d - New 10/3

cara1
10-20-2003, 11:16 AM
How'd you get her to do the double thumbs up thing? I love it! No seriously, how do you do it?

jmofarrill
10-20-2003, 12:12 PM
How amazingly beautiful Ainsleigh is! LOVE the outfit, and especially that red hair!

McQ
10-20-2003, 12:17 PM
She is just the cutest. And you have the most fun moments together!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

stillplayswithbarbies
10-20-2003, 12:23 PM
How gorgeous she is! Is that outfit from Gymboree? Are there things in the Glamour Kitty line I have not seen yet?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

houseof3boys
10-20-2003, 01:13 PM
She is such a cutie! I love when you post pics of litte Miss A Sarah.

egoldber
10-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Three words: Johnson's Spray Detangler

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=14462&catid=11936&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=11936&trxp2=14462&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

(Although its cheaper at Target). We go through it by the gallon!!!

And she is SOOOOO cute!

mamahill
10-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh my gosh - thank you all! It is SO fun to have a toddler!! I remember using Johnson's detangler when I was little! It isn't too bad (for now, knock on wood). I usually just spray her hair down in the morning and brush through since her baths are at night and some mornings we've got hair going every which way (it has some curl to it). Thanks for the reminder, though. I'll get some next time I'm at Target.

And thank you so much for your compliments - she really cracks me up. Of course, she also is throwing a few tantrums, and gets very upset when I won't draw with her for hours on end (daddy's the artist, not me!). But for the most part, she's fun. Oh, and the outfit came from The Children's Place. There are leopard-trimmed jeans also, and I think we'll be going back to get them. You can't tell, but it's a stretch-cord material.

And she just does the thumbs up on her own. I don't think we ever taught her - she just does it! Anyway, thanks - you've made my day!

McQ
10-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Love Sarah's new avatar. She's getting so big!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

parkersmama
10-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Oh, Sarah, she is so beautiful!! I can just tell what a terrific personality she must have! I can definitely see how Rachel could spend the whole time with Miss A. just giggling at her antics. I don't want to wish away Amy Grace's infanthood but I really can't wait until she's old enough for bows and curls and so forth. I've been waiting a long time for that, you know! ;)

pritchettzoo
10-20-2003, 09:03 PM
She is too, too adorable! She must be a hoot in real life, because she's got a ton of personality in these pictures!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

lukkykatt
10-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Boys look out! You've got a little heartbreaker there! She is just too too cute.

Annette_C
10-20-2003, 09:14 PM
OMG Sarah!! She's precious!!!!!!
I had to call every member of my family in the study to show them Miss A's glamorus pictures!! Needless to say, everyone is goo-goo,gah-gah over them!!
Of course, Dan's comment was,"That's my girl!":) (For those of you that don't know, when we met in Asheville, Ainsleigh sat on Dan's lap as if she had known him forever!)
Why can't you live closer, Sarah?!?:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

cinrein
10-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh how cute! She's just beautiful Sarah, tangles or not!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

NancyJ_redo
10-21-2003, 12:29 PM
The lovely Miss A...adorable!! (Although I'm still very partial to the pic of her in the Superman costume sitting next to the pumpkin...that one cracks me up it's so cute!).