PDA

View Full Version : Marisa

nigele
10-22-2003, 10:55 AM
I will be away for a few days and wanted to wish Sophie the best of luck on her upcoming eye surgery. I know she will do well and we'll be thinking of you guys!

Please let us know how it goes as Tom has his surgery on November 3. (I HATE this, don't you??!) :-(

Give that girlie a big hug from us!!!

amp
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
I was just about to post too! I don't know if you've left yet, but best of luck on Friday. We'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for a great outcome! And have a blast at the zoo! Can't wait to hear good news!

Marisa6826
10-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much guys.

We are leaving tomorrow morning and hooking up with Lauren (momathome) and Kasey at the zoo. I have to call the hospital tomorrow afternoon to find out what time to bring Sophie in on Friday.

They said she would likely be the first case and we would have to be there at 6am (UGH). We should likely be done by lunchtime.

I was expecting to have to camp out in the hotel till Saturday morning, but the anesthesiologist said there's a good chance that Sophie will be up and around, just maybe swollen and a little black and blue.

We'll see. I headed off an offer by my FIL/MIL to come to the hospital. THAT would have been a nightmare. BLECH.

I know that I won't be sleeping again anytime soon between the house buying horror (see the bitching post thread) and Sophie's surgery.

Calgon take me away!

-m

pritchettzoo
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

nigele
10-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Swollen and black and blue? Why? Tom's PO said his eye would be red but that's about it as far as appearance. (This was the way he appeared after his last surgery as well and it was much more invasive. They actually cut into his eye during that one but the next surgery is not internal.) I was actually scared to look at him when the doctor took off the dressing but it was really nothing. I can't imagine why the doctor would tell you she would look any different. Weird! You'll have to let me know...

FWIW, after Tom's anesthesia in February (he was under for two and a half hours) he was tired the rest of the day and evening. The next day he was up and about. The strabismus surgery requires an even shorter amount time under anesthesia so I'm hoping it won't knock him out for the rest of the day. Who knows?

LOL - I don't think I'll be getting any sleep between now and Thanksgiving, either. I'll be thinking of you and Sophie at 2:00 a.m. each night!

Take care,

Marisa6826
10-22-2003, 10:33 PM
Lisa-

They said that she might be swollen, black and blue from the retractors. I guess because her face is so little they really have to pull and tug.

My poor little Lamb.

-m

alkagift
10-23-2003, 10:00 AM
RETRACTORS??? Oh, poor little pumpkin! We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Marisa! Please let us know how it went!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03