PDA

View Full Version : Seems we have our days and nights mixed up...any suggestions???

todzwife
10-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Dallin has been a gem since birth. He is nursing well, usually every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 at night. Well, the little stinker decided last night that he wanted to eat every 2 hours...all night! So of course he's zonked out today and I am having a terrible time waking him for feedings! He's awake now, and I am trying to keep him awake for a little while so *maybe* he will be really tired by bedtime...I don't know. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rachels
10-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately, this is pretty normal newborn behavior, and there's not a lot you can do. Feed him when he's hungry,and he will exit this pattern as suddenly as he entered it. Hang in there! He'll get more regulated as he gets a little older.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Marisa6826
10-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Keep the lights on and the drapes open during the day. We made the mistake of keeping everything dark when Sophie was brand new - simply because WE wanted to be able to go back to sleep straight away! During the night, keep it dim, feed him and put him straight back to sleep - no singing, talking, cooing. Don't even change his dipe unless it's poopy. Changing dipes is a surefire way of waking up a baby.

Try and keep him awake for a good 20 minutes after he eats during the day . It will be nearly impossible, but it does make a difference.

A good way to try and keep him up is not to have him all bundled up. If you're all toasty warm and full, don't you want to take a nap too? ;)

Good luck and congrats on nursing so well!!

-m