PDA

View Full Version : Digital video camera for videos only...not still shots??

amyff
10-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Now that Ava is so active and seems to be learning and developing everyday, we are feeling like time is slipping away! So, we are looking to buy a video camera for Christmas. We got a new fast Dell (which we LOVE...our Compaq was a piece of garbage) with video editing programs. Now, we just need a video camera. We have and Olympus Camedia for still shots and quick 15 sec. videos. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Amy and Ava (12/20/02)

mamahill
10-23-2003, 05:31 PM
While our digital video camera has the option to take the stills, we don't use that function. We have a JVC. I don't remember what model, but I think it was $749. I have been thoroughly impressed by the quality. Sorry I'm not more helpful. I don't know why we settled on the JVC - DH did the research and decided it was the best combination of performance, quality and affordability for what we'd be using it for. Good luck!

NancyJ_redo
10-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Someone asked a similar question a couple weeks ago although I don't think they specifically excluded the still photo feature as you did. If you do a search in the Lounge you should be able to find it.

We have the Sony DCR-TRV22, listed at $699 but we got it on sale. We love it. It's tiny and very easy to use. It offers the still shots function but we don't really use it.

egoldber
10-23-2003, 07:38 PM
We have an older model of this camera and like it really well. Its pretty easy to use and we get really good video quality.

HTH,

Mom2Miri
10-23-2003, 08:04 PM
We love our Canon Elura - small enough to tuck in a coat pocket and take everywhere.

Regardless of which one you buy, Costco has great deals on the tapes.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

lmintzer
10-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Another vote for cameras in the Sony DCR-TRV family (ours is 2 1/2 years old so I think it's the TRV-11 or something like that). We get great video, and it's small comfortable camera to hold.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Little brother-to-be, e.d.d. 12/15/03