PDA

View Full Version : ? sinus infection

barbarhow
10-24-2003, 10:51 AM
What do you guys think? DS started with a cold last Friday. When I picked him up from daycare he had a runny nose and was fussy. We stayed in all weekend just hanging out taking it easy and still with the runny nose-lots of it. Once over the weekend had a temp of 100.0. Monday-fussy again- Then Tuesday, much better-appetitie up much less nose gunk. Yesterday a little better. Then today-fussy again, still no temp but green gobby stuff from his little nose which is starting to get red and irritated. and not much of an appetite today. I've been thinking this was just a cold but am now thinking it might be a sinus infection. Still no temperature. TIA
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

peanut4us
10-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Hmmm Sara went through something similar about 4 weeks ago. We finally broke down and took her to the DR. He said it can take a few weeks for them to get over, and there isn't anything really to give them other than some saline drops in the nose and suctioning and maybe some pediacare. He also had us raise one end of her crib so her chest would be elevated at night.

She was all better after about 2 weeks. Probably not what you wanted to hear! Good luck.

alkagift
10-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Barbara,
My Ped told me that sinuses are not developed in young children until they are at least one year, more like 2--and therefore told me that DS could not have a sinus infection. She told me not to worry to much about the color of the gunk. I took him to the ped every other week for a month anyway, since it was so chronic. I say take him back to the ped if you are the least bit concerned!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

barbarhow
10-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I choked and we went in tonight. Of course by the time we got there he was happy and smiling and the cutest kid on the block with no gunk coming out of his nose at all. But at least I felt better. So much for my years of experience as a nurse. I think I was feeling guilty for being at work and not being with him when he didn't feel great. Thanks for your input.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03