PDA

View Full Version : At what point do I become concerned?

DDowning
10-26-2003, 12:00 PM
DS hasn't had BM in two days. He's usually had at least one a day up to this point. I remember some posts here awhile back that said the ped wont be concerned until the 3rd day? Is that correct? I am nursing and my diet hasnt changed from what Ive normally be eating. Any advice?

TIA!

mharling
10-26-2003, 01:03 PM
I remember ds going through big poop changes around Carson's age. I think that's about the time he stopped pooping with every feeding. He has gone up to 7 days in between and I haven't been concerned (thanks to what I've read here). I remember somebody (Beth?) talking about babies either pooping 7 times a day or once every 7 days. Unless he is uncomfortable, I would enjoy the 'break'!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3524e54e42d - New 10/3

Rachels
10-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Mary is right. It's totally normal for an EBF baby yo go up to two weeks (!) without pooping. As long as he's not in pain and his stools (when they happen) are soft, there's no cause for alarm.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

DDowning
10-26-2003, 01:14 PM
Thank you! This puts me more at ease and helped me very much!

Sarah1
10-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Just to reassure you even further, Audrey went through a period of a couple months (around 4-5 mos) when she only pooped once a week. The ped said it was fine as long as the stools weren't too hard, which they weren't.

My advice? ENJOY the lack of poopy diapers, because things will soon change! Audrey now poops AT LEAST once a day and they are fragrant!

DDowning
10-27-2003, 06:26 PM
LOL - thanks for the advice. DS finally had one today & it was quite the mess!