PDA

View Full Version : another thank you/gift question...

doubleL
10-28-2003, 09:38 PM
I am very fortunate to have some kind friends and family(cousin) who have recently donated clothing to DD's growing wardrobe. When they handed it over they said it was stuff that they would have otherwise given to Good Will. They each said, keep the stuff you like and donate the rest. As expected some of the clothes are adorable and others will be going straight to the church. I am truely appreciative, but what is the proper thank you? A nice note accompanied by...

gift for their children
gift for the adult
gift certificate for dinner out
??????
chocolate :)

I'm horrible when it comes to gift giving, so any and all help is appreciated.

TIA,
Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

Momof3Labs
10-28-2003, 09:51 PM
I'd say gift for their children - maybe cutesy it up by making it directly from your DD to them. It could even be a gift cert to a kid-friendly restaurant or ice cream parlor that you know that they frequent.

kensjen
10-28-2003, 09:51 PM
A thank you note is really all you need to give them. I'm sure they aren't expecting anything else. A friend did the same for me, and I just sent a card, and I plan to send a photo of DS in one of the outfits when he grows into it. Your friends/family will just be happy you are able to use it.
HTH!

egoldber
10-28-2003, 09:57 PM
I am SOOOOO glad you said this, LOL!! A cousin of DH's did the same for us and all we did was send an effusive thank you note.

justlearning
10-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Me too!! I just gave thank-you notes as well but I did end up giving these friends small gifts (a book to one and flowers to the other) at a later point in time for other acts of kindness. Thus, the gifts were not just for their giving of the used clothing but for their continued support as I became a new mom. If I were to give a friend clothing, I'd just be happy that they would be getting use of out of it and would not expect anything at all in return. So, I like the idea of the picture in the clothing because that lets them know that you are getting use out of them. I might send some pictures now...

Jen in Chicago
10-29-2003, 09:27 AM
I am sure a card is fine. That is what I would want. I have to admit, I would give a gift too since I am a big gift giver. Here are some ideas of something small, but nice:
Blockbuster Gift Card
Border/Barnes and Noble/Amazon Gift Card- or a selection of books
"Family" Video/DVD -the latest Disney flick
CD (Ralph's World, Disney Tunes,...)
Gift Certificate for a local pizza/family restaurant
Homemade cookies

This season you could give some "fall" items like a pumpkin, gourds and apples (I expect they will be getting a lot of candy b/c of halloween.)

heidi_timms
10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
I also get a huge amount of clothing from a family member. I gave her a Gift Certificate to Gymboree because she loves to get her DD Gymboree as a thank you. Her DD is one size ahead of our DD, but I now just send thank you notes as the Gift Certificate was a one-time thing.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03