PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where to buy pajamas for me

newbelly2002
10-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Figured I'm a little big for "layette" so I'm posting here instead :)

It's the tradition in my family for my parents to give us pajamas each year on Christmas Eve. My mom is a bit of an...erratic...shopper. Some years she has bought me the straight blue flannel plaid "nightie," other years a garish silk kimono that revealed far more than it hid, and the timeless classic 5 years ago (the first Christmas I was a new bride): a bright purple, high neck floor-length fleece/flannel number adorned with a flock of smiling penguins in thick plastic puffy paint. And a small single hip pocket. Perhaps for used tissues? My DH has been known to surprise me in bed with HIM wearing it if I am in a particularly foul mood. :)

In recent years, my sister and I in an effort to "help" my mom will send her suggestions of pajamas we like. Mom does most of her shopping on-line these days. To be honest, it's safer for all involved. We've done the Victoria Secret route each year. This year, I'm thinking of expanding. Any good suggestions--you Internet, shopping savy folks?

I'm not a long gown fan, nor a flannel fan--and no puffy paint, please. Just comfy, perhaps a little enticing, pajamas. Thanks a ton!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

emmiem
10-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Nick and Nora make very cute pj's. You can find them in better department stores like Nordstrom and Bloomies. Maybe an online search?
Emmie

Jen in Chicago
10-31-2003, 09:49 AM
I may be wrong, but doesn't Hanna make adult pj's? You could be a matching family.

What about Lands End?

Company Store?

I can't think of the brand, but I have some from Nordstroms (gift) and TJMaxx that are the same brand that I love and they are SO soft. I bought XL ones for when I was pregnant, and still wear them since they are so comfy. Too big PJ's is not a problem for me.

emilyf
10-31-2003, 10:04 AM
Paula, your description of the Penguin nightgown really had me chuckling-thanks! I like Old Navy for pjs and J. Crew has some cute ones too.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

chrissyhowie
10-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Paula, your post is so funny! I'm especially fond of your puffy paint pajama experience :P.

This website has fun pj gift ideas:
http://www.pajamagram.com
They carry Nick and Nora pj's too. I've never ordered from them, but I am considering sending a few as Christmas gifts this year to some friends. They charge a bit more for the pj's than if you found them alone without the extras on other websites, but since they are gifts, the nice packaging makes them more fun and special for the recipient.

HTH,

starrynight
10-31-2003, 10:48 AM
I love old navy pj bottoms they are so comfy, sometimes I buy the guys ones because they are a bit more roomy, I like my jammies loose.

Dcclerk
10-31-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm still laughing at the puffy paint little number:) Thanks much for that fabulous mental picture. Since you already have that all-occasion nightie, it's hard to imagine what else you would need.

I, personally, think the Nick and Nora pjs are absolutely adorable and comfy. However, DH would be the first to say that enticing is not the word to describe them. I have found that Victoria Secrets can have some really comfy and slightly more enticing ensembles. (Of course, maybe if I would wear the stilettos like all the VC models... ;)

I like some of these...

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=AF-166679&rfnbr=984&cgnbr=OSSLPPYJCSL&page=3&cgname=OSSLPPYJCSL

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=AF-166617&cgnbr=OSSLPPYJCSL&rfnbr=984&page=3&cgname=OSSLPPYJCSL

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=AF-166634&cgnbr=OSSLPPYJCSL&rfnbr=984&page=4&cgname=OSSLPPYJCSL

(I'm sorry I can't figure out that tinyurl dealy.)

suribear
10-31-2003, 12:35 PM
How about Gap body?

Kris (currently wearing the ultra comfy Gap fleece PJs ;))

twins r fun
10-31-2003, 01:13 PM
I really have no suggestions, but just wanted to say I too got a huge kick out of your description of the penguin nightie, especially the thought of your DH wearing it (and since I don't know what your DH looks like I actually have a picture in my mind of my DH wearing it, which makes it even more funny to me). Thanks for the laugh!

celfsh
10-31-2003, 01:19 PM
I've been eyeing the funky pjs here:

http://www.thecatspjs.com/products.html

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

barbarhow
10-31-2003, 01:59 PM
I second the Nick and Nora's and the old navy pj bottoms. Live in them!

And thank you for that hysterical mental picture of our hubby in the nightgown. What a great sense of humor.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

parkersmama
10-31-2003, 02:24 PM
I don't think they are even slightly enticing but my absolute favorite pjs are the ones from Lands'End. They are sooo soft and comfy.

Your dh sounds like a great guy! Very funny!

newbelly2002
10-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Who knew there could be so many places devoted to sleepwear? Keep 'em coming!

It was a hysterical picture. The first time DH "wore" them was that infamous Christmas Eve. I went downstairs to find him in bed, covers pulled up to his chin like the wolf in Red Riding Hood. My younger sister (then about 22 years old) was sitting on a nearby chair trying to keep a straight face. I was still busy fuming about the penguin pajamas so didn't pay much attention. Then DH said, "come here, let me give you a hug." He threw off the covers and all 6' 2" of him is lying there in the purple fleece nightie. My sister was curled-up beside herself on the chair. And I swear I couldn't talk for 15 minutes because I was laughing too hard to catch my breath.

Everytime I throw the darn thing into the Goodwill box it finds its way back into my drawer. Hmm...coincidence?

In writing this post, I just have to thank y'all. DH and I have been in a bit of a rough patch recently, and it's wonderful to be reminded of how amazing and fun he can be.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02