PDA

View Full Version : Baby Modeling

jd11365
10-31-2003, 06:30 PM
Of course we all see the baby catelogs and think...hey my kid is definitely cuter than that...she could do this! Just wondering if any of you have any experience with baby modeling? (I know Neve got a flyer once about something once...) I did a diaper commercial when I was a baby...my mother was so excited she never cashed the check...we still have it. (Gee...she could have just made a copy!) Anyway, seems like something like this could be fun. Kayla sits up, loves the camera, and lets anyone and everyone hold her (which is supposed to be important for things like this so I hear...). Does anyone know where I might start without getting into something over my head? Like my mom, I just think it would be fun to do something at least once just to say we did it and have something fun for the baby book. I don't want to get into agencies and having to pay money or anything KWIM?

TIA!

Jamie :-)
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

elvisfan
10-31-2003, 06:51 PM
This is what I have heard about baby modeling...
a)most models have a relative/friend with an "in" (eg. one who is an ad exec or an agent or a copwriter)
b) most succesful models have
*close proximity to a city
*a parent who can shuttle them to go-sees and jobs 24/7
*disposable cash to spend getting to those go-sees..which might be a waste of time if some other baby gets the job

I've also heard that even the cutest babies/kids have short lived careers. Babies' looks change so much............

jd11365
10-31-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, I have none of those things... So, guess it was just a fun fleeting thought... Probably better to keep it that way and just enjoy the pictures of her ourselves!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

peanut4us
10-31-2003, 10:39 PM
But you can make your own "baby magazine" all about Kayla! Get a bunch of outfits together and do a photoshoot of your own! If she's that happy with photos, do it! My little crabby-pants would never let me do that... a)she hates dressing... she doesn't mind being dressed or being naked... just not the act of getting to either state and b) she can be in mid-guffaw and the second a camera enters the room, she's somber, serious and turns into a crankypants! :( boohoo! I wanna dress her up! DH actually tooks digital pix of me trying to get her halloween costime on her... they are hysterical!

jd11365
10-31-2003, 11:08 PM
What a fantastic idea!!! Funny you should mention such an idea. At my school they do something called young authors. Each kid is given a bookmaking kit from a real publishing company. When you return the kit with text and pictures, it is returned back as a real book...just like one you would buy at the store...hardcover and all. I'm going to get one and do it myself but all about Kayla! I am so on this...and will be a great keepsake!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

vikivoly
11-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Just curious, what brand of diapers and do you still endorse them? :D