PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried half.com?

SeekerMage
11-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Im so excited I bought my first xmas present for DH tonight off of Half.com. Its a site owned by ebay except you dont bid you just pay at the price offered. The items are listed as either new, in excellent condition, very good, good, and acceptable and priced accordingly. I bought a set of 7 videos for the price of two...and the set is brand new still in shrink wrap and shipping was only 2.49 for media mail which was upgraded to priority mail for the same price!~ Im hoping all goes well and that it comes through as Im very excited! Money is tight and if all goes well I found a site to save a lot and get what I want!

Anyone else tried this site or heard of it? I know my SIL buys a lot of used books off the site and has had good luck. Im hoping no one will burst my bubble hehehe. Just thought that I would share if anything else!

AngelaS
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
I've bought from them several times and have been VERY happy every time! :D

August Mom
11-04-2003, 08:47 AM
I've never had a bad experience. I've bought quite a few books there and have been very pleased.

lisaE
11-04-2003, 09:39 AM
I love that site! It is often the first place I look when I am looking for a specific book. I hate paying full price for books, and I have always had good luck there.

nitaghei
11-04-2003, 09:51 AM
I've bought a lot of books there, including some out of prints ones, and have always had excellent luck.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

sweetbasil
11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
I've only had good experiences there, and always check there before Amazon.com or anywhere else when looking for books, CDs, etc. I've sold a fair amt there, too, and have only been pleased.

Happy shopping!

Meatball Mommie
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Julie-

When you sold there, how did it work? I was reading about it and was a little confused about shipping. I have a bunch of books that I'd like to get rid of, but getting some money for them would be good.

sweetbasil
11-04-2003, 06:37 PM
I research how much others are selling the same thing for, considering comparable condition, then start to list. You type in the ISDN#, choose the condition of your book, and select a price to list it for. They'll suggest a listing price based on the last book (of that condition) that was sold, and I like to make sure it's in the top 4 lowest prices for the book- otherwise, it doesn't appear in the instant search and buyers have to scroll down to find it. Standard method of shipping is Media Mail, though you can offer your buyers the option to upgrade to another method for more $.

Also, if you're leaving town or anything, be sure you check the box in your account that you're out of town, so they can hide your items until you return and reactivate the sale. You have to confirm a buyer's request within 3 days (I think?!) of receiving notification that you've got a buyer, or else the deal is null and you get bad feedback. Your feedback goes into the eBay system (half.com's parent company), so you want to be sure you keep a good reputation as a seller and buyer.

I hope this makes sense...let me know if you have other specific questions, etc.

Happy selling! :)

Meatball Mommie
11-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Thank you - I'll have to give it a try. A lot of my books are in boxes (we're in between homes and living with my in-laws at the moment) so it will be a little while before I can, but it sounds easy enough.

emmiem
11-05-2003, 09:52 AM
I have used them several times for new books. I was very pleased.
Emmie