PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Lipstick That Stays On

elvisfan
11-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Can anyone reccommend a lipstick that stays on no matter what?

Momof3Labs
11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Whatever Monica Lewinsky was wearing for her first BIG interview...

Don't laugh (well, okay, you can) - I remember that being a big deal, and the lipstick she was wearing was very well publicized afterwards!

pritchettzoo
11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
There was a thread about this during the summer. I believe the winner was Cover Girl Outlast lipstick. I haven't tried it yet. Do you have a CVS or Rite Aid near you? They have a money back guarantee if the makeup doesn't work for you.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Edited to add the threads:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=34628&mesg_id=34628&listing_type=search
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=32200&mesg_id=32200&listing_type=search

MartiesMom2B
11-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Snort, snort, giggle giggle. . .

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Kimberly H
11-04-2003, 05:33 PM
I'm trying really hard to like the CG Outlast but I find it does wear off after lunch and if I try to reapply it (lightly) for the afternoon, it chips off at my inner lip line. Really gross! I'm at work so using baby oil or makeup remover to wipe it off and totally reapply won't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm still seeking a truly washable waterproof mascara too. :(

malisa
11-05-2003, 12:03 AM
I use the CG outlast as well. It's true that it absolutely won't wipe off. Perfect for kissing little babies...

But, my experience has been better with the lighter shades. I find that after several hours the color can flake off as Kimberly mentioned. And it does always seem to be on the inside of my bottom lip. That's one reason why I like the lighter colors better, if they do start to come off, it's not so obvious.

It also seems to come off more easily if I've been eating foods that are more greasy. So, I'd never wear a dark color out to eat. I was kind of bummed to learn this, because one of the reasons I wanted a long lasting lipstick is specifically for the dark colors. Those are the ones that look horrible when they wear off, and I don't always want to be re-applying them.

I've also learned that they flake less and last longer if I apply a thinner coat. And, let it totally dry before you apply the gloss.

HTH

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11-9-02

Kimberly H
11-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Malisa, I'm using a darker shade and you're right, that lovely dark ring around the outside of my lips with the light lips inside is pretty...ummm...intersting looking.

I'm going to have to try the lighter colors, though like you, I'd hoped to use it with darker colors.

And it most DEFINITELY looks and lasts better with a thin coat. I must be gloss-challenged because it's hard for me to get a nice even thin coat.