PDA

View Full Version : creative minds help w/ gift basket for my Dad

cchavez
11-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I never know what to get my Dad for Christmas. He needs a new wallet so I got him one and I will put a picture of DS in the photo sleeve.

I asked my Mom to tell me what he wanted or needed. She said he can always use more undershirts and socks......too boring.

So I decided to make him a beer gift gift basket. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got a large gift box in Christmas plaid. I filled it w/ red tissue but the only thing I have in there so far is a jar of spiced nuts. I plan on adding a bag of pretzels and Chex Mix???

I called him last nite and I asked him, "What is your favorite beer?" He said I usually drink Miller Lite b/c it has less carbs. But then I asked but what is your "FAVORITE" beer...he said Pearl. Is is a Texas beer that is pretty hard to find but he grew up drinking that. So I am going to find a store around here where I can get him a 12 pack of Pearl beer. I thought he was going to say Heineken or Sam Adams.....oh well different tastes. Anyway the bottles w/ go in the basket.

So I looked on ebay last nite and found some Pearl Beer paraphanalia (Sp?) I don't think my Mom will let him put up a a Pearl Beer sign in their house! So I think I am going to get him two vintage Pearl Beer postcards...they are acutally pretty cool and in Spanish!! Anyway, I thought about framing them and adding them to the basket. But I don't even think my Mom will let him put up the postcards.....anything else I can do with them?

Finally, I just ordered a photo can cooler w/ a picture of DS that says...I Love You Grandpa!

What else can I add??? I thought about baking something and adding it but we will just be getting back from the inlaws when they come into town so I won't have time. I think the basket will pretty much be full but can anyone think of small cute, inexpensive fillers?

I am hoping I can find a cute ornament......

TIA!!!

bluej
11-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Heavy bottom beer glasses. Apparently it's important to men that the bases be weighted. I got a set of four at TJ Maxx for $8 for my Dad's birthday.

http://tinyurl.com/tqnp

KUvsOU
11-05-2003, 11:09 AM
How about a nice coozie? I just bought some for my husband with the logo of his favorite sports teams that work well with bottles or cans.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

ethansmom
11-05-2003, 11:29 AM
I don't know exactly how you'd do it, but could you turn the postcards into beer coasters? Maybe put them between two pieces of plexiglass?

mom2kandj
11-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Bottle opener? :)

Rose
mom 2 Katie (34 months)
& Jack (18 months)

amp
11-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Coasters! And I do like the idea of the beer nuts, bottle opener, beer cozy and beer mug!

cdlamis
11-05-2003, 10:57 PM
They have some neat cheap beer themed coasters at Cost Plus World Market- each coaster has a logo of a foreign beer (maybe British?).
I bought them for about $5 for 5.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

cinrein
11-06-2003, 11:41 AM
I did a search on beer baskets on Yahoo Search and most of the ones I found have different types of beer, different snacks, like popcorn and nuts, coasters, maybe a t-shirt and some have mugs. Tons of sites came up, so I'd suggest browsing them if you have the time.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03