PDA

View Full Version : I think I gave birth to a baby bear...

todzwife
11-05-2003, 05:00 PM
He growls and grunts all day! It is so funny, but I hope it's ok. DH and I took a trip (8 hours in the car) this past weekend and the whole time DS growled and grunted in his sleep. He does this at night too, but I am not in the same room, or I don't get any sleep. He hasn't pooped in days, and it almost sounds like he is straining to, but he is EBF so I don't think he's constipated. What could it be? Or do you think he's just a noisy sleeper?

bluej
11-05-2003, 05:36 PM
My guess is he's a noisy sleeper. We use to call Ryden Mr. Grunt 'n Groan. He's quited down quite a bit, at least w/ the grunting, now we just hear him wake up and talk on and off all night long. I think some babies have a noise quota they have to meet each day!

karin4
11-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Lots of very young babies make strange little noises. We called Eliza squeaky girl for a few weeks because of all the whimpery sounds she made. They kept me awake, too. But aside from making his mom sleep-deprived, I bet your little bear is just fine!

kristine_elen
11-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Jack used to growl (not aggressively) a lot, too. Long "ohhhhhhhhh"s that were very gravely. We joked that we needed a priest to exorcise him. I did ask the ped about it and he said it was no big deal. He rarely does it now.

sntm
11-05-2003, 08:48 PM
my jack does it too. "urrrrrrrr, urrrrrr, urrrrrrr."
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03