PDA

View Full Version : Lead in foreign-made Christmas lights

toomanystrollers
11-05-2003, 06:39 PM
I received this from my mom today, check out:
http://www.click10.com/problemsolvers/2606935/detail.html

Apparently Christmas lights from China have lead on the wire coatings - American made lights do not.

UGH!

etwahl
11-05-2003, 06:43 PM
THANK YOU! I've been wondering about this since that artificial christmas tree thread. i will be searching for american made lights. and it also makes me wonder about my old lights. i'll be tossing them (they're pretty old anyway) but i don't want to risk it when it's unnecesary.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

flagger
11-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Can you say November Sweeps?

Here is a very small part of this story that might be missed:

"We should point out that there's nothing really new about these lights. They've been made the same way fro a long time."

Oh and by the way, did you also realise that everyone who has ever eaten carrots has either died or will die? :D

Rachels
11-05-2003, 10:46 PM
We'll be replacing our lights! It's only a few dollars. I've worked with kids with lead poisoning, and it's a disaster. No reason to chance it! Thanks, Pam.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

lisams
11-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Yes!! Last year we bought some cheap outdoor lights at WalMart, and for some reason I decided to read the small print on the package. It had a warning to use gloves while touching them. That's pretty scary. I mean how many people read the fine print or wear gloves while putting their lights up?

Lisa

etwahl
11-06-2003, 07:23 AM
not only that, but our kids and pets handle/chew on the tree and lights! this might not be "new" but this information is new to me, so i'm definitely not going to have known lead in the house. scary!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com