PDA

View Full Version : Roomba...anyone have this?

LD92599
11-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have this? They had a video of it playing in BJs today and it's intriguing...I did happen to see one on the floor of someone's home the other day (friend of a friend), but wondering if anyone here has real life experience with it.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=104042

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1229.jpg

TIA!

Laura
mom to William

edited to add the picture

etwahl
11-06-2003, 03:18 PM
my friend has one. i think it's more "cool" than functional! edited to say that because it doesn't hold much dirt, you have to clean it out constantly. i wouldn't get one.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

MommytoDylan
01-20-2004, 12:02 AM
I have one and love it! We have a Yellow Lab that sheds alot and a crawling baby. It helps! DH and I have started run/walking each morning and we set it up for our family room and kitchen while we are out. Then we unload it when we return and run it in the living room during Dylan's first nap. It does well on our hardwood and tile downstairs. I haven't ran it much upstairs which is carpeted.

The first couple times we ran it, DH had to empty it once during each room but now it just maintains the area.

HTH,
Meredith

Raidra
01-20-2004, 07:54 PM
We have one, and I would caution against it if you have a long-haired dog. The hair just gets wrapped around the wheels and brush, and doesn't actually get sucked up. Unfortunately, my husband still likes it, so we can't return it.

aguinn
01-20-2004, 10:46 PM
is it loud? we have all hardwood floors on one-level living, so all noises filter into DS's room at some capacity... would it be too loud to run while DS naps?

;)amy
Proud momma to Aidan - 7/29/03

hellokitty1
01-20-2004, 11:58 PM
We have one and we like it. We have mostly hardwood downstairs and all carpet upstairs. Let me say that it shouldn't be your main floor cleaner. We only use it for in-between cleanings. It's unrealistic to think that you don't need a real vacuum if you havea Roomba. Our logic is that DD is always crawling all over the place so a clean floor is really important (we don't wear our shoes in the house). And now that Sydney has started picking up little crumbs and carpet lint, it's even more important to use. I benefit from it the most in our master bedroom where a lot of my hair ends up on the carpet. I don't find it too difficult to clean. All I do is pull out the "dirt tray" and dump it out. (We don't have pets.)

Some cons...if you have area rugs with lots of fringe, you have to tuck the fringe under the carpet or else it gets stuck in the brushes. It's not as easy to use in "open" rooms bc you'll have to block off the area with the "Virtual" wall and add other barriers.

As for loudness, I don't think it's too loud to run it during a nap in another room but I definitely wouldn't run it in the actual room where the nap is taking place.

How much is it as BJ's? I've found the best "retail" place to get it is at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

If anyone has some more specific questions, just ask.