PDA

View Full Version : Reindeer cards

starrynight
11-08-2003, 12:44 PM
I didn't get to do one yet with the kids to show you but I will get to it. (I posted about this in someone's gift thread I forgot who though.. mommy brain) anyway I figured I would post the directions here instead of that thread so it didn't get lost.

For the reindeer use either non toxic washable ink or use washable kids paint. You will need black and brown or 2 different shades of brown.

First dip the child's foot in the brown paint and then stamp it on a piece of paper with the toes pointing down.

Then dip the kid's hands in the black paint and then stamp them on top of the sides of the foot where the "head" would be with the two palms together and the fingers spread out to the sides to look like antler's. Let all the paint dry and then paint on a red nose and eyes or glue on those googly craft eyes to make the face :).

To do this for a thanksgiving turkey, use brown paint for the body and whatever color you want for the feathers, either pick all one color or paint each finger a different color.

First paint one hand and stamp it to make feathers and if you want the turkey to look fuller paint the other hand and stamp over the first hand but move over a bit to fill in where the spaces between the fingers are, (I hope that makes sense ;). It looks fine with one or both hands doesn't matter.

Then dip the foot in brown paint and again with the toes pointing down stamp the paper. When all that dries paint on a beak or cut one out of paper and glue it on and make the face.

I will definitly do these with the kids and show you all later but I just need time urggg. LOl