PDA

View Full Version : Strange encounter in the restroom yesterday

Marisa6826
11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
OK. Gotta tell you guys about this. It's not quite bad enough for the Bitching Post, so I stuck it here.

I went to Woodbury Commons Outlet yesterday with Sophie to look for new bedding.

I scored bigtime and the bags were heavy. I had to change Sophie before getting back in the car, so here I am - the Venezia loaded down with giant bags, the dipe bag, Sophie all bundled up, etc. etc.

Fortunately they have those Koala changing tables in the restrooms. And by miracle of miracles they even had those ever-elusive paper covers for them.

I opened it up, spread out two paper covers, put a new dipe on top, unhooked the bags so the stroller wouldn't flip when I lifted out Sophie.

Just as I'm turning to put her on the table, this old Asian lady (who was quite clearly a tourist) comes up, grabs one of the paper covers and starts wiping her wet hands with it.

I gasped and said, "HEY! Excuse ME!!!!".

She got kind of freaked out, spread the nasty wet thing back onto the table and walked out!!!

GEEEZ! Good thing they had more paper covers! :P

-m

Edited to say, before anybody flames me, NO this is NOT a rail against anybody with Asian heritage. She just didn't speak English, and I doubt they have those Koala tables in Japan (she spoke Japanese to another woman in the room).

todzwife
11-08-2003, 07:50 PM
LOL! That's funny. Some people... :)

etwahl
11-08-2003, 07:50 PM
well at least she had the decency to put it back for you once she noticed her error ;)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

brubeck
11-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Well I guess now we know why there are never any paper covers for the tables... :)

I am awed. I have NEVER seen a paper cover for the Koala tables, even at BRU (where you think they'd keep them well-stocked). Did you take a picture to commemorate the moment? :)