PDA

View Full Version : Declan has a tooth!!!!!

McQ
11-10-2003, 11:07 AM
After months of sporadic drooling and occasional fussiness, Declan has a tooth!!! Last night he was chewing on my finger and there it was!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

amp
11-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Yippee. And next on the menu....steak! LOL! :D

McQ
11-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Actually my clueless father seriously offered him steak yesterday at lunch (I found the tooth last night so there was no humor to his offering). First he offered regular applesauce, I said no. Then he wanted to give him squash, I said no. And I'm not opposed to trying some table food if its REALLY mashed up and NO spices/sweets but this squash had a pound of sugar and a stick of butter on each piece and I explained why not. Next my father asked if he could have steak, again no. But the kicker is what he offered next, brown sugar!!! At that point even my brother (who is 29 and single mind you) flipped out and went off on why that was not a good idea. There is no question as to why my father is 300 pounds if he has a jar of brown sugar sitting on the table as a condiment to his already sauced up foods. Can you imagine!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

cinrein
11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Hooray Declan!! And hooray to Allison for getting through it.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
11-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Yikes! Didn't even occur to him that with a tooth or two (which he didn't even know about) you still can't chew most of that, huh?! Wow! Doesn't it make you want to leave your kid with family for a few hours? Not! My DH keeps telling me that grandparents are the safest place to leave our son, and of course I'm neurotic, so I'm afraid to. As if they didn't raise us and we're doing fine. Just a little mommy paranoia. I don't want them feeding Jake steak *just yet*! LOL!

jd11365
11-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Ooh how exciting! Another great milestone in Declan's life!! I am petrified to leave Kayla with my father who is Italian...all he wants to do is give her a meatball and gravy (spaghetti sauce)!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

doubleL
11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Way to go, Declan! Don't feel too bad for Allison though. I was with those 2 on Saturday and you'd never know the little guy was teething. He was smiley and delightful all afternoon and evening.

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03