PDA

View Full Version : anyone have product from "Once Upon a Family" or anything similar

cchavez
11-11-2003, 10:41 AM
I saw this line for the first time at a Holiday Marke Show this wkend. The line consists of products to help families preserve memories and create traditions. The ideas and products were really nice but somewhat expensive. I really don't regret that I didn't buy anything b/c then I would have been thinking I paid too much. However, there is one product I am thinking I should have purchased. It consisted of 10 booklets that contained about 5-7 questions for family members to answer regarding their history, wishes/dreams, advice etc.

I think it would be soo nice for Diego's grandparents, aunt and uncle to do for him. The set of 10 booklets cost 27.00. I could see Hallmark selling something like this for about 20.00 But I cant' find anything like this. I was thinking if I could even find similar questions....I could then find a nice journal and have the family members write in there.

DH and I are keeping a journal for DS but this is different b/c it involves all family members.

Oh, the website for the line is:
www.onceuponafamily.com

Can anyone help???

km
11-14-2003, 09:28 AM
i dont have anything from this company, but Ive had their website bookmarked for several months and was considering purchasing the Halloween and/or Christmas album for the kids, so they'd each have a record of the family history and traditions of their childhood (Im not giving them my scrapbooks, thought it would be nice for them to have their own)

If i were crafy, Im sure i could buy a small album and decorate the front for the appropriate holiday, but am short on time and talent. Did you think they were pretty good quality, professional looking (website looks nice, but things can be different in real life), or am i wasting my money?