PDA

View Full Version : Our cool new toy

Rachels
11-11-2003, 09:15 PM
For a while now, Abigail has been enamored of wallets, which we obviously haven't let her have her way with. I finally figured out to give her an old one and fill some of the credit card pockets with playing cards. She is totally beside herself with delight. Just thought I'd pass this along if anybody needs a new toy. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

muskiesusan
11-11-2003, 09:19 PM
We did this for Nick and he loves having his own wallet. Its also filled with hotel key cards from DH's travels! The cheapest toys seem to be the best!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

egoldber
11-11-2003, 09:21 PM
LOL!! DH always brings back hotel keys for Sarah too!

Another good source is those credit card enticements you get in the mail that have "fake" credit cards in them. Just like the real thing. (And they don't have "real" numbers on them either...)

etwahl
11-11-2003, 09:28 PM
hmmm, that's a great idea, since lauren just loves my wallet whenever we're in line and i've got it out to pay, although i wonder if it will be like the remote. she now has her very own remote from another vcr (batteries removed) and she still doesn't want it. she wants the REAL remote :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

nohomama
11-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Brilliant idea! It's ironic that I spend so much time combing over catalogs full of beautiful wooden toys when the things my child likes to play with most of late are kitchen utensils and water. And, starting tomorrow, an old wallet with some playing cards in it.

sarasprings
11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
...and used gift cards.

DS had moved onto the change -- he loved the little flap of the change part of the wallet.

Now he just wants to put keys in keyholes.

I love free entertainment.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-11-2003, 11:00 PM
I used to give Jake all the junk mail. I think he was a little older than Abigail, but I would bring in the mail and say "Jake you have mail" and he would be so thrilled. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lisams
11-11-2003, 11:04 PM
What a great idea! It's funny how things that are so simple can bring hours of fascination.

Lisa

amyff
11-11-2003, 11:06 PM
I had to laugh at your post. I know Ava is a bit younger than Abigail but it still shocks me how she prefers the "freebies" over most of her "real" toys. We are currently very much into playing cards (we play Blackjack...she knows how to "hit me"), boxes, empty containers (wagon wheels) and any kind of paper that she can rip. So fun...so thrifty...she must be my daughter!