PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ebay Question...Is this "Kosher"?

jd11365
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
A person wants to pay to have UPS pick up the item through their account. Is this safe/ok for me? Any reason why I wouldn't want to do this?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

Momof3Labs
11-12-2003, 12:16 PM
You are selling the item? Sounds okay to me - just make sure that you also get the tracking number, so you have proof of shipment. If you don't have proof and they complain to Paypal, then Paypal will likely take the money away from you.

sweetbasil
11-12-2003, 12:44 PM
A friend of mine does this all the time- her husband owns a business, so it costs her way less for sellers to bill it to her shipping account. All her sellers do is fill out a UPS form with her UPS acct. number on it, and it's no shipping cost to them, then. Wish I had a deal like that ;)

jd11365
11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks...I emailed back that it was ok...One less trip to the PO for me...I requested a tracking/confirmation # too...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

heidi_timms
11-12-2003, 05:08 PM
I have had buyers do this two times. We were selling some very expensive computer equipment, so I explained that I required them to pay insurance on the item. There were no complaints. I think that this is fair because don't you hate sellers that charge "handling" fees? I know it takes time/energy/gas to go to the post office, but some fees are ridiculous! That's great that they are going to pick it up at your house! Even better! For sure get that tracking # though.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03