PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for playgroup gifts...

jd11365
11-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Any suggestions for little gifts for the kids in my playgroup? There are two 14 month olds...a boy and a girl, a 9 month old girl and a 6 month old boy. I don't want to spend a lot of money, just want to give a little gift...KWIM? And any thoughts as to what maybe to give the mommies too? Something homemade could be fun, but I'm not entirely that crafty if at all...

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

MelissaTC
11-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Cruise the clearance items at Target. Seriously. The ends of the aisles have some great gifts at times. I found a Mega Block gift which had a farmer block, a cow, and a couple of other blicks for like $3. Not bad. :) I see some great toy items if you want to go that route. Another great idea is a nice board book. TJ Maxx & Marshalls have some great prices. They also have the Puzzibilities puzzles, level 1 for $4.99. I love these puzzles. They have really large knobs on the ends of the 3 pieces. Just an idea...

HTH!

:)

lukkykatt
11-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Books! I always think they are a great gift, people love them, and they are not expensive. If you get them at Marshalls or someplace similar, they are even more reasonable.

For the moms, maybe scented candles or, if you bake, homemade cookies or brownies?

lisams
11-12-2003, 10:55 PM
We are doing a gift exchange for the babies so that kind of eliminates the need to get a gift for everyone, just a suggestion. My friend made this really cute card holder - It was a long ribbon that hung horizontal that she hung up and clipped cards to. She took a long wide ribbon, made a bow at the top(you could do a small wreath/silk flowers/whatever you find at the craft store). Then I think she used some kind of mini clothes pins and hot glued them to the ribbon. You could even hotglue little decorations over the clothespins if you want. Then they just hang them up and clip their cards to it. It looked simple and very cute!

Lisa

suribear
11-14-2003, 02:33 AM
We always do gift exchanges. That way everyone gets something more substantial, and it's easier for the moms!

Books are always a good bet, IMO.

Kris

Jen in Chicago
11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
What about making it an ornament exchange? Growing up we loved getting ornaments with our names on them. You could make the ornaments with salt dough (I am going to post the recipe we used as kids in the craft section this weekend I hope.)

I am a big fan of books, and we listen to music every day. You can always update your children's music b/c I am finding it gets old fast!

jd11365
11-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Do you set a price limit for the gifts for the gift exchange?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

lisams
11-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Yes, this year it is $15. It's fun to sit around and watch the babies enjoy the wrapping paper :)

suribear
11-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Our price limit is $20. it's up to you! Noone is going through financial difficulties in our group (at this time) so it works, but you do have to be careful not to make anyone uncomfortable, esp. if you have someone who is on a tight budget.

Kris