PDA

View Full Version : Paper Intrigue

hellokitty1
11-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Does paper have a magic hold on your baby? DD can fuss away and once we stick paper in front of her, it's like magic. The louder the crinkle the better. She's been enthralled with napkins, newspaper ads, gift wrap, dinner menus, you name it.

And do you just find yourself staring at your baby sometimes?

OK, DH just woke up and wondering why the h#$l I am still on these boards past midnight. Good night.

sntm
11-13-2003, 09:29 AM
LOL! you were sounding a little random there. very funny.

jack likes to "help" me read magazines but doesn't get that much paper play time.
for jack it's my ID. it's just a plastic card with my picture but he is fascinated by it. i used to think it was the picture but he will often ignore the real me to stare at the ID.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

mharling
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Yep! And ANY kind of paper will do.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

jmofarrill
11-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Anwyn *LOVES* paper. She likes to crumple it, shred it, turn it over, pass it from hand to hand, and eat it. I have to make sure she can't get a hold of paper anymore because when she does, I have to pull bits of soggy paper from her mouth. The worst time was when she got a hold of a tissue - yuck!

I had her in the ultrasaucer earlier this week and realized she wasn't making any noise after a couple of mintues. Well, she had somehow taken hold of a paper towel and had systematically ripped it in long strips. Too cute!

amp
11-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Yes, but he also loves to eat it, so we have to frustrat him totally pulling it out of his reach everytime!

momma_boo
11-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Same experience here! Dd loves to rip magazines apart. These days, she doesn't just play with it, she is always trying to eat it now.

bluej
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Oh yes, paper is Ryden's all time favorite toy and food. The lad won't eat any solids, but paper is an absolute feast for him!

JElaineB
11-13-2003, 10:58 AM
DS loves paper, especially ripping it and eating it. I thought he'd be over it by now! In fact when I was reading this message he was running around with a piece of typing paper in his hand (and some in his mouth). He knows he's not supposed to eat it, he thinks it is funny when I have to pull it out of his mouth.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Sarah1
11-13-2003, 11:03 AM
SAME exact thing here!

The SkyMall magazine has been critical on many a plane ride!

alkagift
11-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Matthew LOVES going to get the mail! The problem is the eating, of course--who knows where the mail has been!!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Jenmv
11-13-2003, 04:58 PM
I admit I now keep old magazines and catalogs around the house strictly for her entertainment. It often buys me some valuable time while trying to finish something and it holds her attention much more than any worthless toy. For the most part all of her official toys have been a waste of money. Another paper related object that she loves are paper plates.

zen_bliss
11-13-2003, 08:08 PM
yep! we can only do board books for now due to 'helping' with page turning too much. DH kept her occupied with newsweek in the waiting room yesterday during my dental appt. (gross! waiting room magazines!) the crinkle parts on toys are the absolute faves. lamaze crinkle kitty is our stroller/carseat companion.