PDA

View Full Version : need an underwear makeover!

lizajane
11-13-2003, 02:32 PM
anyone else realized that your underwear drawer is filled with ALL cotton ALL "stretched out" ALL old underwear? my "fancy, sexy" pairs are made of lycra instead of cotton, LOL! i think i may need something with a little pizzaz for christmas from DH. he will be SO excited when i asked him to update my UW drawer for christmas!

barbarhow
11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Too funny-I was just looking at my ugly stretched out victoria secret (whoopie) cotton undies and thinking if I keep this up I'll never get pregnant again........
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

Jen in Chicago
11-13-2003, 02:43 PM
DH is pushing me to go buy post-pregnancy underwear and post-nursing bras ASAP. I just need to dry up at this point. Weanning is almost over.

I have to admit, I love the old cotton briefs!

nola
11-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Basic cotton thong underwear works for me. I am not a teenager. Just a normal person. But they never need to be "adjusted", never show lines, and my husband likes them. I am hoping I might offer you some inspiration. If nothing else, buy one sexy pair of underwear (thong or otherwise) just to surprise the hubby.
N

toomanystrollers
11-13-2003, 03:49 PM
You know you need an underwear makeover when all of your panties come in packages of 6. :)

bluej
11-13-2003, 04:04 PM
All right, I'm selfish. I don't want underwear for Christmas, sexy or not. But I do need them. So I think I'll buy them, wrap them up and give them to DH for his present! Afterall, I think it's more important to him to see me in some sexy undies than it is for me! Not to mention I'm terrified of what he would pick out. I don't mind sexy, but I'm scared of trashy!

momma_boo
11-13-2003, 04:13 PM
LOL - I was just thinking the same thing. I realized the other day while folding laundry that all my underwear is from when I got married. I returned most of the tons of Victoria's Secret lingerie I got for my wedding shower and purchased cotton undies. Well, they are over 3 years old now. My "sexy" underwear doesn't even fit my new dimensions.

mamahill
11-13-2003, 04:19 PM
LOL, Christmas Eve we always open pajamas, but then DH has an *itty bitty* box he gives me when it's just the two of us. His comment last year: "When you spend more money, you get some REALLY great stuff!" Woohoo, that's why I send him to get the fancy stuff - he spends more than I do;).

McQ
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Pam you're too funny!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

liya
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
And not just for the thinner Sheilas!!! LOL For those of us who have a few pounds on us as well ;)

houseof3boys
11-13-2003, 09:04 PM
This thread is cracking me up! I actually just had to buy some new undies since my pp ones are still too small for my fat a**. I got some silky thongs and some of those "new" boy cut ones. When I got home, I tried on the boy cut ones and took one look in the mirror and laughed so hard. They are not meant for anyone that has had a baby in the last 6 months! With the rearranged fat distribution of pregnancy, I think I have a ways to go before I feel sexy in the panty department.

Go get em tiger and give DH a Merry Christmas with some new panties. :)

barbarhow
11-14-2003, 11:07 AM
OMG! I am sitting here at my desk and laughing so hard! I love the vision of the boy cut undies...I look down at myself in my nursing garb-the nursing bra that I have cut slits in the shell so it isn't so tight and my cotton Target undies (came in a multipack) with the elastic fraying at the edges and think "Oh my...what a sight" What happened to the days of old. I just unpacked my prepreg holiday clothes. There is that adorable black velvet push up bra and thong set which might be better used as dental floss at this point....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

starrynight
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
I am guilty too!! LOL Most of my undies are the old baggy cotton hanes! Although I do have some vs newer ones that I of course bought only about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant and then never really wore them, I finally dragged them out and they suprisingly fit, dh noticed too which was a miracle in itself considering the amount of time we see each other lately with work. I actually have gotten so used to the baggy cotton ones, it's hard to get comfy in sexy undies anymore, isn't that sad?? Oh the joys of what pregnancy does to your body ;).

Marisa6826
11-14-2003, 12:32 PM
I am SO over the whole sexy underwear thing. I've actually asked Jonathan if he cares that I wear only plain white Jockeys from Target. The response was basically, "Huh? Underwear? Whatever". At this point he's lucky if I shave my legs :P

Comfort goes a looong way toward sexy in my book! ;)

Besides - not only is VS not well made, they don't make "Mommy" sized stuff . Certainly no "Big Mama" G cups!

-m

Calmegja2
11-14-2003, 12:36 PM
I hit the undies makeover thing this past summer. After 8 years of being pregnant or nursing, my underwear was, well loved....;-)

I ditched it all. Every last shabby piece, and every sad little worn through bra, nursing or regular, and started over.

Kohl's had a massive sale, and I got the whole like of "Barely There" undies and bras. Comfy, classic, and they helped to banish the whole visible pantyline problem.....

deborah_r
11-14-2003, 01:19 PM
I know women who haven't had babies who say that the boy cut panties don't work for them either. They don't work if you have THIGHS! Or basically if you are not a VS model!

deborah_r
11-14-2003, 01:23 PM
I really love the VS Body line. I have referred about ten people to those bras, and everyone loves them. Even people who had given up wearing bras because they hate them so much! But, does anyone know if there is a similar line that my checkbook will like a little better?

lizajane
11-14-2003, 01:43 PM
now don't get me wrong here... i am looking for pizzaz and NEW. stuff without holes and stretched elastic. maybe something brightly colored or with a little something sheer, or a soft lace accent...

don't think i am going to look for that scratchy, lacey, too-small-ride-up-your-booty kinda of underwear. :) NO THANK YOU!

mostly, just NEEEEEEEEEW. and pretty. something that i can wear all day with my blue jeans and spit-up decorated tee so that i can think to myself, well PART of me is dressed up and attractive!