PDA

View Full Version : How to resize pictures for uploading/sharing?

daisymommy
11-14-2003, 12:34 AM
I must have really bad photo software or something: Microsoft Picture it, and Kodak Easy Share. They came with my Kodak digital camera and this computer. But whenever someone talks about resize your photo to be 48x48 for an avatar, I realize there is no way to do this with my software. You are given a choice of how many pixels per inch or centimeter you want, or how far reduced you want the picture to be 25%, 50%, etc. What am I supposed to pick!? I just keep guessing and playing around with it till it finally works, but thats so frustrating and time consuming. Ideas? I'm kind of computer illiterate. I dream of having a rotating avatar like some ladies here do, but there isn't a layering feature with this software. I guess I know what to ask for for Christmas!

LD92599
11-14-2003, 07:07 AM
On PS Elements. i choose 48 x 48 pixels when resizing; try that. The 48 x 48 does refer to pixels!

Laura
mom to William

miki
11-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Using the Kodak Easy Share, I used the edit feature to freeform crop my photo into a square first. Then I do whatever else to change the look of the photo. Then I saved the photo at 25%. I think that got me below the 50K limit that was on the other thread about how to post the avatar. You can check the file size by opening the folder where you saved the picture and look at the memory detail next to the file name to make sure your file is small enough before posting it.