PDA

View Full Version : Please don't think I'm vain... a baby modeling question

mattysmom
11-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Let me begin by saying I've seen some of the CUTEST babies on this website - and that everyone's baby could be a baby model! But, after months of people (albeit mostly family members) telling me that I should bring ds for an open call for models, I finally did it. I figured I had nothing to lose, and hey, I was born in NYC and my mom brought me to one open call and I was chosen to be in a Bounce commercial and earned $5000 (not bad for 1972). So, to make a long story shorter, we went to the open call and today got a call back from the agency that they want to use him. We're in Boston and supposedly it's common that you pay $150 to be put in the face book-like thing and then companies get copies of the pictures and if they're interested, you go for an "audition." I was curious if anyone had done this sort of thing before - especially NOT in NYC, if it was worthwhile, and what suggestions you might give me. And again, I'm really not a vain person! : )

flagger
11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
I am wary of any company that requests money to be put in a "face" book or whatever. It costs nothing to go to an open call. You do have to spend some money for head/body shots, but of course the babies are changing weekly. You are really paying to know about more auditions than are published in normal resources, Newspapers, local periodicals/magazines.

If you could afford to open the window and throw out $150, then I say why not. Check in the area for agencies and call around. There are lots of unscrupulous companies out there.

mamahill
11-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Congrats! But I, too, am a little wary of companies who want money. One of my sisters went to one of those open call things and then they said it was $150 for this, $300 for that, etc. It just seemed really shady, so she opted not to. But if it's just $150 and you can spare it, then sure! I'll be looking for your DS on the cover of American Baby:).