PDA

View Full Version : Family Portrait Disaster!!

MommytoDylan
11-14-2003, 05:44 PM
DH and I took Dylan to Kiddie Kandids to get his one year pictures taken and our Christmas family picture. Tim went early to wait in line before the store opened. He was first, which was a good thing because by opening time the wait was several hours!

Anyway, the photographer wanted to start with Dylan's individual shots first and put him on a block that had a number "1" on it. He got scared and started to fuss and it went downhill from there. It seemed like a stranger anxiety thing and a stubborn issue all rolled into one. He wanted to do his own thing and did not want to pose for the picture. DH and I both tried to make him smile and couldn't. Our family portrait is fine of us but Dylan has such a beautiful smile and didn't use it once.

I am disappointed! We'll take our own pictures at home I guess. Did any of your little ones go through a time when they didn't want their pictures taken? He did so well when he was younger!

I'll try to post the family portrait when it is available to me online. It is pretty comical!

Meredith
Mommy to Dylan Timothy
Now one!!

jd11365
11-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear that. But...you'll always have a story to tell when you see the picture! FWIW, there was a little girl in a beautiful holiday dress today when we went for Kayla's holiday picture and she refused to get her picture taken...couldn't even get a shot without a smile because she wouldn't even go in the room. She was about 2. Her poor mother was so upset.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

Melanie
11-14-2003, 07:46 PM
Yes, Ds' 9 month & 1 year sessions sound like yours. The good news is that 18 months went well. =)

lukkykatt
11-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Awww, it will get better! My older son used to be so tough to have his picture taken! One time I had to go back twice. And another, the picture I have is of him sulking (but it is REALLY cute!). Last year, when we had the two boys' Christmas picture taken together, DH and I didn't talk for 2 hours afterwards! Yes, I have all kinds of picture-taking stories!

But this year was a breeze! Hang in there - you'll get a great picture of his beautiful smile soon!

suz
11-15-2003, 01:42 AM
Okay, I'm so glad my DD wasn't the only one. I've taken her to Walmart, Kiddie Kandids, and Sears. We couldn't complete the session at Walmart. She was totally balling at Kiddie Kandids immediately after we put her on the platform. Didn't even get a single shot. Sears...well...you be the judge if that was a sucess or not. How am I ever suppose to get formal happy pics of her?

https://www.searsphotos.com/?shareid=S200979830lW4J5FR4BV4

jmofarrill
11-15-2003, 02:50 AM
Dh and I took Anwyn to a professional photography studio this week - NOT CHEAP, but we wanted to use this photographer (family history). SHE WAS AWESOME. She worked really hard to get Anwyn to smile and laugh. The best was when she pulled out one of those long static-cling feather duster. She tickled Anwyn with it and Anwyn immediately started laughing. Then the photographer only had to hold up the duster to get Anwyn rolling with laughter. Maybe it's something you can try - take your babe to the grocery store and play with the dusters there. It's worth a try?

billysmommy
11-15-2003, 07:58 AM
we get our pics taken at Target and this is what she uses also. Billy just LOVES it :)

MommytoDylan
11-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Melanie,

Thanks for the encouragement! We'll look forward to great pics in 6 months!

Meredith

MommytoDylan
11-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Michelle,

They actually used that feather duster with him! He would normally laugh and smile but just didn't like taking pictures so he wouldn't cooperate!

Glad it worked for your sweet little one!

Meredith

MommytoDylan
11-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Susan,

Vicky is beautiful! I love the ones with the ornaments hanging in the background! It's hard when you want a happy picture to send out for the holidays and the baby is scared and doesn't want to smile! I totally give you huge credit for trying again at another place!!

Meredith

houseof3boys
11-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Susan - Vicky is so cute and that top picture with the pouty cry face is adorable. She looks cute when she is miserable. :P