PDA

View Full Version : For those whose children have unusual names...a gift idea

deborah_r
11-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I was at Universal Citywalk today and I kept seeing silly little souvenirs that are "personalized" - as long as you have a fairly popular name. I could not find "Kai" on anything. So for these mini license plates that say California and then a name, there was supposed to be an order form but they were all gone. But I looked up the company name just now and you can order them online for any state and some other countries. And there are many names, like Kai, that are not a custom order because they do stock it, but it's just hard to find in stores. Came to $5.76 total w shipping (which is cheaper than it was in the store)

So I thought maybe some of you might br interested. Here's the site:

https://www.bluesabreinc.com

EDITED to addd: Our most frivolous purchase of the day - a stuffed "Thing 1 and Thing 2" that makes a strange noise when you squeeze the tummy. Oh, how could we pass that one by...

jd11365
11-15-2003, 10:54 PM
As a little girl I was always so sad when they didn't have my name personalized on "stuff" like pencils, stickers, etc. They had James...no Jamie...especially not for a girl. So I'm glad to hear that little ones with fun and unusual names get to enjoy personalization too! BTW...I just LOVE the name Kai...kinda goes with Kayla...could end up on my boy list if I'm ever crazy enough to have another baby... :-)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

deborah_r
11-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Yes, I kind of feel like a hypocrite (is that spelled right?) I wanted an unusual name (well, really DH did) and now I expect to go in the store and find his name on everything! The internet make sit possible to get so much more stuff (which is a blessing and a curse, I think)

toomanystrollers
11-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks Deborah,
Both "Tess" and "Shea" were available - looks like some easy stocking stuffers!

I may do my girlfriends kids: Kent, Egan & Gage

starrynight
11-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the link!!! I can find Alex or Alexander on anything but never Eliza or Daria.

jojo2324
11-16-2003, 01:17 PM
LOL, I can rarely find Joanne, which I think is as plain jane as you can get! They might have Joann, or JoAnn, or some other variation, but never mine! So now whenever I DO actually see something, I snap it up, because it's such a rarity. :)

Deborah, Kai's pictures are TO DIE FOR!!! I was ROFL at Simon and his look of absolute, "Okay, is he done yet? Now? NOW?" Too funny...And his hair IS wild!!! :D

deborah_r
11-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Actually, Joanne, I thought of Gannon when I wrote the post. I'm sure it's hard to find his name. And that's so weird that they never have Joanne. That site I put the link to said they generally only ship out the most popular 420 names for retailers...

Thanks about the pictures! I'm so happy with them! He used to kind of stop and stare at us whenever we took a picture, but now it sems he's letting his personality shine through!