PDA

View Full Version : Which sippy-cup do you like best??

marit
11-16-2003, 12:42 PM
I have the evenflo ones, and god do I hate them!! The little thingi keeps falling off and the water end up all over my carpet (thank god it's not juice ;-) )

MelissaTC
11-16-2003, 12:49 PM
We use the Playtex cups and they are ok. We recently tried a Gerber cup and that is ok too. I have had the valves from the Playtex cups fall out often but never really had a problem with the Gerber. My one gripe with all these cups is that they really don't store well. They are hard to stack (playtex insulators) and it seems like we need a whole cabinet just for his cups...

brubeck
11-16-2003, 12:54 PM
We love the Avent cups. People complain about all the parts but they are really easy to clean and put together once you've done it a few times. The spouts are also terrific for sippy learners.

starrynight
11-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I have had pretty good luck with the gerber or playtex ones. But I have found the gerber valves pop out easier if the cup os tossed on the floor. I know someone posted above about that happening with playtex but not to me. The insulted ones reallly do keep it colder longer too.

Momof3Labs
11-16-2003, 01:19 PM
I hate the Evenflo ones, too! Our favorites are the First Years Take n Toss cups - no valves to worry about. But they aren't 100% leakproof either; if you leave one upside down on the couch, it will leak. But we solve that by not allowing Colin to walk around with a sippy cup. The falls off of the high chair tray haven't been a problem though - no leaks or only a few drops!

marit
11-16-2003, 01:21 PM
Thank you! No valves sounds like the cup for me!

jd11365
11-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Another Avent vote here...She took to it the very first time like a champ! You do have to have a bit more liquid in it because the spout is in the middle of the cup...otherwise they have to tip it back more...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jmofarrill
11-17-2003, 01:27 AM
I like the Avent cups, too, especially since the regular bottles work with the sippy parts. Anwyn seemed to know immediately what to do with the sippy cup - I was impressed!

kristine_elen
11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Avent. The soft spouts are great.