PDA

View Full Version : She's crawling!

jd11365
11-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Yikes! I've been trying to hand her everything she wants in order to delay the inevitable...but today was the day. (I know, I know, bad mommy.) Kayla was next to DH on the couch and apparently before he knew it, Kayla was in his lap grabbing for the remote! So he put her on the floor with the remote as a "carrot" and there she went...our little couch spud in training...lunging for the remote control that was a good 4 feet ahead of her! DH grabbed the remote and brought it back...and there she went...all the way back from where she came! I'm in trouble now...my friends call Kayla "The Great Observer" because she is so curious and wants to look at everyone and everything... I know she is going to be into everything...time to babyproof!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jojo2324
11-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Yep, get ready!! It only gets more chaotic from here, LOL. Congrats mama, on Kayla's big move!! Gannon loves the remote too, anything with buttons really, so perhaps Santa will sneak a play one into his stocking this year...:)

Way to go Kayla!!

bluej
11-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Yea Kayla! She's going to be moving at speeds that amaze you very soon! And just in time for the holidays, lucky you :P

lizajane
11-16-2003, 11:05 PM
sigh. schuyler is more than a month older and not even close. i realize it is nice and easy that he can't move... but i am jealous of the excitement you have!!! go, kayla, go!!!

jd11365
11-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Liza,
Sure, it's kinda neat for another milestone, but on the other side of the coin her immobile days are now a thing of the past, so in a way it's a little sad. Enjoy Schuyler as your precious little baby who is still so dependent... As Kayla gets more independent she's less the little baby I once had... :-( (And of course less time on the boards because I have to keep a better eye on my mobile baby! Lol!)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

jojo2324
11-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Along those lines, I kind of miss things that he did. Honestly, I forget. I liken Gannon to a limb: he is with me every second of every day, and I don't necessarily notice the changes. He has been walking for several months now, but has just recently started crawling again, mainly as a way to squeeze through tight spots, or, let's face it, to get to places that *I* can't get to. :P I'm thankful that he did that, because I'd forgotten what he was like as a crawler. Cute, of course! And still trouble! :D

McQ
11-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Wow Jamie, Kayla is so amazing. And look out because you are in trouble now :)

Don't feel bad Liza, Declan is no where near crawling either. He "swims" but hasn't figured out how to get his knees up under him to move him. He lunges from sitting to get things. And yes, the remote is a favorite too.

I got him the LeapFrog table this weekend and have it on the floor without the legs. He some how scoots with the table while sitting up. And he has figured out how to tuck one leg to his side to get closer to the table. It's too cute. I'm not ready for crawling.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

nathansmom
11-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Now the fun begins. Enjoy this stage as its quite fun.

amp
11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Yay Kayla! She's had a big week, hasn't she?! Hanging with Dad and then crawling! Wow! Well, we're not going to be too far behind you with the crawling I think. Congrats on a new milestone!