PDA

View Full Version : All praise be to Ms. Flagger

flagger
11-16-2003, 08:55 PM
I got my flu shot on Wednesday and started to feel flu like symptoms Friday. She let me sleep until 9:15 both on Saturday and Sunday. Of course she got me back by taking me shopping. Never found the Radio Flyer Walker at Ross. Finally feeling less puny tonight.

Found a new (to this city) store called Sur La Table http://www.surlatable.com today where she spent 45 minutes in a cook's Mecca. We also had a 30% off coupon at Gymboree where we picked up an light green with purple flowers Asian silk pair of pants for Cocoa along with a matching hat, onsie and socks.

She did however make my Texas Trash to be helpful. While appreciated, I did say "So how would you feel if you came home and I had baked all of your loaves of bread?" ;)

This post has not point, just that sometimes you have to publicly thank the woman you love.

mom2kandj
11-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Sur La Table is fantastic! but I digress! :)

Last night on a whim, DH made a batch of his favorite "special recipe" chocolate chip cookies(in addition to a fantastic Lobster Bisque out of the Cuisine at Home Magazine!). I guess I ruined his good mood by suggesting that he take some cookies to his hockey game to share with his team mates. His reply was, "Why so they can all make fun of me?!?!?" He did say that I could give our next door neighbors some cookies, but none for his friends. :(

Flagger - do your friends give you a hard time because you can cook/bake?

Oh well...I just had to give my guy a {{HUG}} for baking some tasty cookies and being a great guy, too!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

houseof3boys
11-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I know, how fabulous is that store?!?!? If I had a zillion dollars, I would spend a nice portion of it in that store. But then if I had a zillion dollars, wouldn't I have a personal chef? :P

Sweet of you to publicly thank the little Mrs. too!

Marisa6826
11-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Sorry you're feeling icky Chuck. Jonathan's been under the weather this week so I made him his favourite farro soup (it's kind of like an Italian version of barley).

Love love LOVE Sur La Table. I've been to the one in San Fransisco. Wish they had one here in NYC.

Feel better.

-m

newbelly2002
11-17-2003, 04:42 AM
Public recognition is a good thing. Congrats to Ms. Flagger. Giving up weekend sleep and baking? Wow. Good woman.

Must be something in the air this week...

Sat. my guy decided he wanted to make sushi. He planned ahead, bought the fish, planned the meal, gave DS an early Sunday dinner and made the sushi while I put DS down to sleep. When I walked into the kitchen the ice wine was in the fridge, the music was on the stereo, the green tea was steeping, and we had three platters of homemade sushi to enjoy over a luxurious 2 hour dinner. Can't think of a better way to end a weekend.

Sometimes the holidays come early, no?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02